US Vogue September 2018 : Beyoncé by Tyler Mitchell

is it me of Jackson and Pennetta are trying to imitate Demarchelier and Testino...? this issue is so throwaway imo

Really? I like the edit but it could be Demarchelier or Sims. Everyone morphs into the same person at US Vogue.
Maybe that's why I love it so much. It's because it feels like a proper 'classic' US Vogue ed.

It looks as if they had Demarchelier and Testino shoot the issue but gave credits to respectable photographers to avoid controversy.

They’re clearly trying out a NEW FONT. The font used for Here There Everywhere looks like an updated version of their current font. Trust and believe, that’s gonna appear more frequently inside, then on the cover.

is it me of Jackson and Pennetta are trying to imitate Demarchelier and Testino...? this issue is so throwaway imo
I totally see Testino in Pennetta’s ed as well. The setting reminds me a lot of Tesino’s editorial with Carylon Murphy for VP September 2003 and his editorial with Catherine McNeill for VP June/July 2008.

I want to clean Karl's desk :nuke:
Me too!
At least, this is something that has never changed about him. I think this is the first time he is photographed at home, wearing his popelin shirt dress and drawing...
In comparison, Nicolas's desk feels weird. I really don't believe that he draws there for some reasons.

That Hedi feature is interesting. I'm glad that he is less excited about L.A.! I'm suddenly excited about his womenswear again.

Demna's studio already gives me headache. I guess sweatpants and t-shirts are the staff's attire there.

Weird issue (again). Daniel J clearly studied Meisel's US Vogue edits to a tee (remember he used to do these at Vogue China), a very good impression there with some lovely shots. Mikael's work for this issue is all over the place, and I should love his editorial with Phyllis but it's a little bit too thrown together for me. There should be more edits but what can you expect these days.

Other...

TOC
lo-res
Edited: Please do not quote images.
source | mydigitalcopy
I haven't seen them bigger or any others but these, but I am loving these images of Tiffany by Annie. Looks like portraits in the style she used to shoot.

Can someone post the article "Age Appropriate"? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"