Vanessa Traina

classicalbang

shake off your flesh
Reaction score
Moderator's note

* In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
* Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
* Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
* Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.

* Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
* The old thread can be viewed here.

US Vogue March 2010
"Straight from the Hip"
Photographer: Norman Jean Roy
Stylist: Tabitha Simmons

Scanned by Mchunu

Last edited by a moderator:
What's on Vanessa Traina's Vanity Table?

10ogodg.jpg

In 2009, Chanel selected five women to be ambassadors of the brand who would represent the essence of Coco Chanel. Known for their unique sense of style, personality, and aesthetic, Les Fideles are friends of the House of Chanel. One of the five is Vanessa Traina, the second youngest daughter of prolific novelist and couture client of Chanel’s, Danielle Steele.
Traina splits her time between New York, where she is a stylist, and Paris, where she assists as a brand consultant for European fashion companies, and VF.com caught her between the Atlantic to ask her, “What’s on Your Vanity Table?”

Wardrobe staple: Chanel black classic tweed jacket, which incorporates easily into her wardrobe of mainly black separates and black leather.

Favorite beauty treatments: Pedicures with the latest Chanel nail color; Hydramax + Active Serum.

How she stays healthy: “I drink an unbelievable amount of water—it’s the best cleanse.”

Traina is very involved with the Nick Traina Foundation, which provides help for bipolar children and works for suicide prevention for young adults.

Favorite soap: Fresh's Violet Moss bar soap.

Best hair products: Kerastase Bain de Force Reconstructing Shampoo for Weakened Hair.

Favorite hair treatment: Kerastase 3-Day Reinforcing and Refinishing Treatment Program for Very Weakend Hair.

Favorite day cream: Ren Vita-Mineral Radiant Day Cream.

Dry hand remedy: Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment.

Favorite body cream: Darphin Aromatic Hydroactive Body Lotion.

Favorite candle: Diptyque candles.

- VANITYFAIR.COM

I can attest to the greatness of Kerastase Bain de Force (and accompanying Ciment Anti Usure conditioner), as I have been using them and only other Kerastase products for years and always get compliments on my hair. :smile:

Dibujo-26.jpg

Tip #6: Try a little tie-dye via a cool tee.
Wrapping up today's Tips we have a final thought from the always fashionable Vanessa Traina. Also spotted at Sophmore's Spring 10 Lookbook party (quite the stylish fete, no?), Traina showed off a black and blue tie-dye tee from Raquel Allegra, paired with a Balenciaga jacket and skirt. We love the sober shades in her top; it's like an under-the-radar version of the Proenza Schouler shirts we showed in our D.I.Y. story earlier this month.
If you'd like to emulate Traina's look, please note that in addition to the bright tees, Proenza Schouler also created a Tie-Dyed Long-Sleeve Shirt ($375) in black and white that you might like, as well as a short-sleeve Tie Dye Cotton T-Shirt ($325) in blues. For additional options at a much lower price points, check out American Apparel's Unisex Tie Dye Viscose Tank ($32) in Dark Grey + Tie Dye V and Roxy's Circling In Top ($34.50) in Steel Grey: both are super darling and on the dark/neutral side of things, so you're sure to wear either option often!
Whowhatwear.com

Love that Rodarte jacket and the fact that her sis is carrying the new suede PS1. B)

Why is this thread only 2 pages now?? I didn't see any notice that it had been split into two threads...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->