Versace 'Dylan Blue' Fragrance 2017 : Faretta by Bruce Weber

mathiaskatz

Reaction score

Model: Faretta
Photographer: Bruce Weber
Styling: Joe McKenna
Casting: Piergiorgio Del Moro

Happy for Faretta but this is not of my taste. Bruce proves once again that he's not the right photographer for Versace. The pose is stiff and uncomfortable. Her body doesn't look proportioned. The bottle is ugly. I'd never buy this fragrance..

Had to google to see what she looked like, what a horrible ad!

Gigi was in the men's ads. I thought that she was the female counterpart. Still, Faretta is one of my faves.

Versace needs to end their contract with Weber ASAP. His brand of sexy doesn't work for them imo

This doesn't work and again Weber proves he's not a right fit for Versace.

It's getting worse and worse! A disaster!

Well, its marginally better than its male counterpart, but that really isn't saying a lot lol

This is some inflight magazine level s**t. Gross.

Lol, this is Donatella's version of Good Girl by CH.a completely unnecessary perfume to appeal to who exactly??

The campaign is bad as expected, even worse than the first, but I'm most surprised that the biker pervert didn't manage to squeeze in his bevy of Ken dolls.

I don't like the photomontage/collage of some pictures and I don't like the blue bottle either, it is too big for the composition. It's like you only see that with the text, and the photographs have not impact whatsoever. The components need more hierarchy, it looks too 'patchy', one thing on top of other, and you do not know exactly what to see first. I would put the photographs big on one side and the blue bottle with the text very small with a lot of white background on the other side. I think that way it would look much better and the pictures will have more power.

I did this tacky thing on paint to illustrate what I mean :lol:

2hq4chz.png

and this is another version that I imagined. :lol:

117qo9u.png

Images taken from:
beautyscene.net
fragrantica.com

Why won't Donatella just reshoot the campaign for this corny perfume? All the images are so awkward? Faretta looks like sh'e some hostage victim being handed over here. Hardly the kind of cinematic vibe Versace wished for, I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->