Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #10 - *Please see first post before posting*

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by tFS Thread Manager, Nov 1, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. happycanadian

happycanadian Well-Known Member

No Maria Borges?!?

I legit can't with that. She is always a highlight for me. Wow.

So many of these girls are totally unknown to me. Who are they?!

2. guimon

guimon Active Member

Super happy about Duckie! Love her reaction.

Duckie, Gizele, Mayowa and Yasmin are all I care about.

Can't believe Ellen Rosa didn't get it.

Armani likes this.
  3. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

Are we done with the list? Are all models confirmed?

4. Armani

Armani Moderator

So far, yes. But the Gigis, Bellas, and Karlies of the lineup who don’t announce it beforehand will only be found out when fittings start, which is next month. (the “confirmations” floating around online about the Hadids are nothing but a bunch of rumors for now)

5. kenndale

kenndale Member

Happy for Duckie and Willow! Duckie deserve it and Willow’s matured nicely and will fit in with pink.

6. littlekiki

littlekiki Active Member

7. Armani

Armani Moderator

They probably based that off the Elle article. MDC has had incorrect info before i.e. listing “Lorena Relja” instead of Lorena Rae.

They’ll probably be walking though... DEFINITELY wouldn’t be surprised by that. We’ll find out at fittings unless we get an official announcement.

8. Elite13

Elite13 Well-Known Member

I'd actually forgotten about Willow up until she attended the castings. It'll be interesting to see her on the runway!

9. MetroMelannie

MetroMelannie Member

Hadnt seen her comment, she's such a queen :rofl::rofl:

10. MetroMelannie

MetroMelannie Member

VERY surprised Maria was not confirmed. I mean damn she was one of the few models highlightingthe outfits. She had become a regular to me (just as Elsa or Lais before becoming angels) and the cast was just paperwork. Her post on IG saddened me even though she played it fairly and cheered girls doing it.

fralovesfashion likes this.
  11. bondeandeebowl

I'm excited to see Willow do VS. She has an amazing body and fits well with the brand. Duckie and Iesha Hodges as well. Most of the other newbies, not so much.

12. Riseup

Riseup Active Member

Who on earth are all of these girls? no wonder VS contracts now pay 10,000. lol

13. Bobby153

Bobby153 Member

So I just watched Model Squad. Devon is cancelled. Forever.

Someone that ignorant shouldn’t be walking the show. She’s so boring as well.

14. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

I'm fine with lesser known models in the lineup. It's actually what attracts my attention and curiosity. That way, the choices made don't seem as obvious as it would look with famous insta-models. If if were the case, people would complain they do it for the views and social media popularity. Some choices are VERY questionable though and it's unfair they rejected Julia Belyakova and Dasha Khlystun after last year's visas issue. I guess we just can't be 100% satisfied with the whole thing.
    I'm very excited to see Mélie Tiacoh, Yasmin Wijnaldum and Duckie Thot for the newbies. Lorena Rae to an extent. Like it or not, but it's apparent and I think should be mentioned, I'm also glad there's a certain diversity body-wise (Barbara Palvin, Sofia Rovenstine, Maia Cotton).

Is this show available to watch online?

15. Fernini

Fernini Active Member

Can't believe they didn't even request the gorg Livia for the casting.

liviarangeld

16. woemwoem

woemwoem Active Member

This show is like Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue: Once a prestigious if very commercial job and a catalyst to other sometimes high profile work. Now, like others have said, there is a whole bunch of girls no one has ever heard of, and this show is the only job we'll see them in -- doing the show does absolutely nothing for their career. There are still some well-known girls, of course, but I don't see how anyone can see this as a choice job anymore.

17. vivalakenna

vivalakenna Member

Sorry if this has already been posted but I quickly skimmed through the last 5-6 pages of casting discussion.

Fittings will be in October according to a comment by Sophia on Instagram and the taping is allegedly November 8th. I say allegedly because Willow’s boyfriend posted it on IG, and then they ran around asking everyone to delete it. Seems to be the correct date though, as Martha posted recently the show was less than 8 weeks away.

More exciting news, the official verified VS Weibo page announced Sui and Ming as official spokesmodels for Victoria’s Secret China today. There is mention of them being Angels in the announcement but I’m relying on Google translate to read the Chinese, so I’m unsure if that means they’ll just be “Angels” in China and cover those events and marketing, or full fledged Angels in the line up.

Armani likes this.
  18. Elite13

Elite13 Well-Known Member

Willow uploaded a vlog on YouTube where she received the news from her agent who said "You're going to be busy on November 8th, congrats you got the show etc" so I think it's safe to say it is definitely the 8th!

19. Armani

Armani Moderator

What a lot of fans are wondering about the Sui and Ming announcement is whether they’ll be considered “Angels” only in China, as they were announced as brand spokesmodels in China, or contracted Angels held on the same level as the New Angels. I guess we’ll find out.

20. Armani

Armani Moderator

Ok, so apparently Sui and Ming are nothing more than official spokesmodels for the brand in China - not contracted “Angels” per se. They are, however, now contracted models for VS, meaning we should see these girls automatically get the show for years to come.