Vidal Sassoon Dies At Age 84

Marc10

Staff member
Reaction score
_60133709_014708304-1.jpg

A police spokesman said officers went to the stylist's home on Wednesday morning to confirm the death. He said Sassoon had died of natural causes.

Sassoon is regarded as one of the best-known hairdressers of his generation.

He is credited with revolutionising haircuts in the 1960s, and developed a popular line of hair products under his name.

The creator of the "bob" hairstyle, he is best known for his short, geometric cuts, ending the bouffant styles trendy in the 1950s.

One of his best-known clients was Mary Quant, the famous British fashion designer who popularised the mini-skirt. Quant called Sassoon the "Chanel of hair".

In a tribute, fellow British coiffeur and friend Nicky Clarke said he was "hugely significant - the most iconic of hairdressers".

Before Sassoon's arrival on the scene, he said, "people were in rollers, backcombing their hair. What he bought was a different kind of hairdressing.

"It was all about modernism - in some ways he defined the 60s. He helped to put Britain on the map."

Clarke said Sassoon was a "humble person" who "loved his craft", and would be greatly missed.
bbc

RIP. ever since watching Rosemary's Baby as a child. I used to joke around when people would notice I cut my hair and say "its Vidal Sassoon" one of my favorite movie quotes

Does anyone else feel like they should go out and get an edgy hair cut?

When I was studying abroad in London in 2005 I got my hair cut at Vidal Sassoon... I let a student cut it so it was really cheap, but to this day I think it was one of the coolest haircuts I've ever gotten...
Despite the fact that I have curly hair they cut it very short and it was very piecey and uneven (in a good way) and just fell very naturally and was super easy to style.

We've definitely lost an icon but his legacy will live on :heart:

RIP. It's sad to lose such a talent. I loved it when he was promoting the documentary on him as we got a rare glimpse of his personality.

RIP he most definitely left a legacy in the world of hair design

RIP. ever since watching Rosemary's Baby as a child. I used to joke around when people would notice I cut my hair and say "its Vidal Sassoon" one of my favorite movie quotes

Ah, right. The perfect reference. :D

RIP Vidal...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->