Vintage Editorial ID Thread

justaguy

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys - I have folders of editorials from the late '70s & early '80s. Need help in placing them in the right month and year!

I'm thinking I'm not alone here and that, like me, some of you tore out eds and then forgot where they came from! Therefore, I'm starting this thread so we can all help each other out and give these amazing editorials a proper home! :D

Here's one to start things off!

Vogue Italia
L'Estotismo Non Manca Ma E'Ridotto All'Essenziale

Photo Hans Feurer
Models Susan Hess & Unknowns
Hair Jean Louis David
Makeup Jacques Clémente

My scans

Last edited:
Help me please !
I am searching for hours but I don't manage to find the answer. :(
Who is the 2nd model from the left ???

Thanks in advance !

Hi, I need to know: Magazine, Year, Month. If anyone's got this, please post it!

Thanks a lot!

Does anyone happen to know which issue of Vogue Italia this is from? Or better yet scans from this issue?

source: my computer archives

Vogue Italia.jpg

hmm perhaps a close up of the text?

some vintage runway collection enthusiast could narrow down the year based on the clothing credits?

Vogue UK September 1987 Issue. Amazing girl.

Attachments

• edit-2015-02-01-21.15.23.jpg
    edit-2015-02-01-21.15.23.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 41
Could someone move this to the vintage model ID thread? Sorry.

Pretty sure Emma was active in the mid 80s. so angelic and ethereal.
I'd love to see the rest of this gorgeous ed :flower
Image in question

Yes, the one with long blonde hair is Valeria for sure. The one with blonde short hair looks like Manon Von Gerkan (as you say) I don't know who can be the brunette girl.

These pages belongs to Elle or Vogue? 1995?

She's not Marpessa. It looks like a mid 90s, probably 1995 or '96, ELLE Italia.

The Valeria Mazza edit is from Spanish Elle 1995. The brunette is not Marpessa. I could tell you who she is if I had the pages because they credited models. I bought Spanish Elle back them but I ripped the fashion/model pages out. I don't know if I still have those pages though, sorry.

The Valeria Mazza edit is from Spanish Elle 1995. The brunette is not Marpessa. I could tell you who she is if I had the pages because they credited models. I bought Spanish Elle back them but I ripped the fashion/model pages out. I don't know if I still have those pages though, sorry.

Thank You so much Sylvames, your information helps me a lot ^_^ I found those tiny snaps on ebay ages ago ahah. Tha spanish vogue and elle are very rare to find.

If you follow the 'archive' link there's a treasure trove of images to be found; stunning imagery from her days as HB's Fashion Editor at Large :heart:

Sciascia's (gorgeous) website sadly does not specify the month nor provide detailed ed credits; only the the year 1992.

Anyone know the month? I'd love to see HQ scans of the entire ed. Thanks!

For sure the model is Patricia Hartmann shot by Enrique B, my best guess, which would make sense since he was active at HB those years.

sciasciagambaccini.com

November 1992 shot by Enrique Badulescu

There's a thread in Vintage Magazines, but sadly, this edit was not posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->