Vogue Brazil October 2018 : Gisele Bündchen by Zee Nunes

feels like Gisele gets many vogue covers suddenly
she is working less and less, but magazines surely don't want her to go

Sorry haters, but that is a beautiful cover.:heart:

Second cover, there will be two more.

It's the regular Gisele treatment we always get but the covers work in their composition and color palette.

Both covers are simply gorgeous especially the one with her mom, so sweet!

Love that the coverstory is her going back to her small home town, can't believe no one else thought of that before.

Beautiful, especially the one with her mother. The second is a tad too Justine at Uk HB for my taste.

The cover with her mom is really beautiful. :heart:

The covers kinda look like a posthumous tribute to Elle Brazil, I'm confused lol
The seated one...well, it's too Zee Nunes (the Caroline Trentini pregnant shoot, anyone?) and the other a throwback to Vogue US july.

I never liked Gisele but these covers are beautiful.

The covers kinda look like a posthumous tribute to Elle Brazil, I'm confused lol
The seated one...well, it's too Zee Nunes (the Caroline Trentini pregnant shoot, anyone?) and the other a throwback to Vogue US july.

I actually wonder what happened to that team! Truth be told it wouldn't be unlikely for Vogue Brazil to try and adopt Elle's vibe because they've been updating their visual style almost yearly, but it will be a tough act to follow because the charm behind Elle's covers and edits was that they approached it with a degree of sensitivity. One sensed that they really did care about all the causes which they've highlighted. Can't say the same about Vogue Brazil. Politics aside, how long did it take them to acknowledge Valentina Sampaio with a cover, for instance?

A really sweet sentiment of a cover shoot and the cover with both Gisele and her mother is undeniably heart-warming (how proud her mother must be).

However, this all just feels very... tepid and I'm getting the sense that another photographer would've knocked this out the park. The smoothness of Gisele's face in the first cover is very suspect and the other three covers are unnecessary, uneventful and naff.

The cover with her mother is incredibly heart warming and sweet, no one can argue with that. However, I need to stop seeing Gisele as the reincarnation of Captain Planet/Gaia, I get it, she cares about the environment but there are different ways of showing that. I swear we can swap these images with at least 5 other editorials she's made for different publications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->