aphextwinks

Reaction score
PHOTOGRAPHER: WING SHYA
CREATIVE DIRECTION: MATT MCDONALD
STYLING: VIVIENNE SUN

Vogue China Plus supplement: Yuqi by Letty Schmiterlow
VOGUE PLUS.jpg
Vogue China

@TomBlanksFullFatMiuMiu you can laugh all you want for now, sweaty, but come back here once Vogue China's identity will slowly decline when it'll be infested with reprints from editions that don't have to do with Chinese culture and fashion.

Margaret's tenure may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you can't deny the fact that her Vogue was cohesive.

ENCORE! ENCORE!
Photography:
Wing Shya
Styling: Vivienne Sun
Hair: Youhua Xu
Make-up: Nick He
Model: Liu Wen

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

weibo.com

There has been some criticism on here on Margaret Zhang tenure as the editor, but I personally quite enjoyed it. These covers included. :smile:
Of course some things could have been better and there have been some mishaps, but it was one of the best (if not the best) editions over the last several years.

@TomBlanksFullFatMiuMiu you can laugh all you want for now, sweaty, but come back here once Vogue China's identity will slowly decline when it'll be infested with reprints from editions that don't have to do with Chinese culture and fashion.

Margaret's tenure may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you can't deny the fact that her Vogue was cohesive.

Just because the reprints from editions are awful doesn't make her work good or great

I won't miss her; she was unqualified to begin with and still is, but I can't blame her for accepting this great once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

I think there is no comparison to the great Franca Sozzani, Carine or Emmanuelle Alt
Put Margaret's Vogue China next to Edward's British Vogue, Edward wins! and I would argue Vogue China might even have the bigger budget. Put Margaret's Vogue China next to AC's, AC wins

In the highly commercialized Chinese market, without any advertising on the cover for 3 months, this is unheard of. She messed up.
She had access to the best brands (not just fashion), photographers, models and cheap labour. She focused on promoting her profile rather than the magazine itself. It took Edward Enninful 30-plus years to sign with WME, while Margret is now with CAA, using Vogue as a stepping stone

For a vogue event, with sand bags on the floor, a cheap curtain backdrop and staffs/ workers not in suits, what kind of event is this? What kind of red carpet is this? So not chic and far from elegant.

It is embarrassing for the vogue brand and letting her go is the right choice.
It's not personal, its just fair observation.

60aafe7b9ce4a5168a20875ba8a9aaf5.jpg

Just because the reprints from editions are awful doesn't make her work good or great

I won't miss her; she was unqualified to begin with and still is, but I can't blame her for accepting this great once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

I think there is no comparison to the great Franca Sozzani, Carine or Emmanuelle Alt
Put Margaret's Vogue China next to Edward's British Vogue, Edward wins! and I would argue Vogue China might even have the bigger budget. Put Margaret's Vogue China next to AC's, AC wins

In the highly commercialized Chinese market, without any advertising on the cover for 3 months, this is unheard of. She messed up.
She had access to the best brands (not just fashion), photographers, models and cheap labour. She focused on promoting her profile rather than the magazine itself. It took Edward Enninful 30-plus years to sign with WME, while Margret is now with CAA, using Vogue as a stepping stone

I fully agree with you. After I made an emoji to his/her post, he/she made a same emoji to my post on the some other thread and blocked me lol. I wonder he/she actually read VC under Margaret, expect for some main editorials which were stand-out, the rest content was too medicore. One could hardy read in-depth articles or interviews, let alone designer feature. Ed are mostly reprints.

Because top advertisers (LVMH, Kering, Richemont, Swatch, Estee Lauder etc) would not buy ad pages on her magazine, she was forced to turn to local designer brands. Then slowly she was disguised as The Savior of Chinese designer brand...We all know these brands are cultivated by the showroom and PR business. Some capital are pushing them very hard.

She was branding herself more than magazine. She is the Chinese Edward, but Edward is a top creater, and she is not.

I wonder if the she/it knows that there's no BLOCK button on The Fashion Spot. I didn't even click the IGNORE button. Assuming much?

I also wonder if they really read or buy Vogue China under Margaret to assume that her magazine's editorials are mostly reprints as stated above this post, which by the way, is still visible because I didn't block them.

If they can quickly tell me at least three issues under her tenure in which REPRINTS outnumbered ORIGINAL editorials of the magazine, that would be great. I'll wait for their response if they can really provide it with facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willxxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->