Vogue Czechoslovakia September 2018 : Karolina Kurkova by Branislav Simoncik

There is something about that shade of blue and the font used for Olga/Kamila that bothers me so much.

This magazine looks really pretentious so far.

^ It's actually the price of a 6 month subscription, not a single issue :D

So I got my copy and it’s actually really beautiful. The entire issue is packed from cover to cover with so many faces the countries became known for. I will post previews later, if there’s interest at all!

My favourites are a beauty story with Paulina Porizkova and her son and a really huge fashion story by Michal Pudelka inspired by dozens of Czechoslovak films. There’s a particularly stunning portrait of Eva H which I thought would have made for a striking cover. I like the cinematic feel of Karolina’s story but I find it a little too moody. Overall, the issue is quite political which is no surprise given the current situation where the president is a drunkard lunatic favoring Russia’s and China’s interests to those of his own country, which happens to be led by a corrupt billionaire with a reputation of a Communist secret police agent. Having said that, it’s no big surprise that they went for a rather poethic cover (the dress upon which KK sits is actually a thrift-store find) resembling the spirit of 1960’s visual language and Havel’s peace-making heritage of the 1990’s.

Whoever expected glossy glamour will probably end up dissapointed.

Don't like it. But not suprise with their result...

It's have been seeing them do - Kralicek and Branislav - on Vogue Portugal

I actually found it funny fact they use something of their own culture on their magazine but when it came to Vogue Portugal, they didn't. And they still don't do.

I wouldn´t mind it if it was a subscriber cover but as a debut newsstand´s? no, thanks... don´t they have an interest in selling/promoting it worldwide? do people outside of the country know who this Olga was? magazines are closing left and right, I would think that a new title launching now would have more commercial views (at least for the first issue).

I wouldn´t mind it if it was a subscriber cover but as a debut newsstand´s? no, thanks...don´t they have an interest in selling/promoting it worldwide? do people outside of the country know who this Olga was? magazines are closing left and right, I would think that a new title launching now would have more commercial views (at least for the first issue).

That's exactly what I meant. For what it cost, it will be a tough sell. May sell in 'Czechoslovakia' but I certainly doubt it will abroad. All those elements mean nothing to the global impulse buyer.vi mean the literal wig is laughable, Olga allusion or not.

Don't like it. But not suprise with their result...

It's have been seeing them do - Kralicek and Branislav - on Vogue Portugal

I actually found it funny fact they use something of their own culture on their magazine but when it came to Vogue Portugal, they didn't. And they still don't do.

Didn't they used some icy blonde set against a bathroom wall in tatters for a recent cover?

Anyway, hopefully they'll leave Vogue Portugal in peace now? But I doubt it. Having one editor moonlight on two different editions is precisely the kind of corner-cutting concept CN will endorse. Especially in their current pitiful state. It's sad because I'm sure there must be loads of creatives in Lisbon who could do with the platform, even at a lower/equal rate.

Apparently it's already sold out on the first day.

Didn't they used some icy blonde set against a bathroom wall in tatters for a recent cover?

Anyway, hopefully they'll leave Vogue Portugal in peace now? But I doubt it. Having one editor moonlight on two different editions is precisely the kind of corner-cutting concept CN will endorse. Especially in their current pitiful state. It's sad because I'm sure there must be loads of creatives in Lisbon who could do with the platform, even at a lower/equal rate.

Yep. I think so... Svetikova (casting director of Vogue Portugal) and rest of team sure love their blondes!

I have same opinion. I don't see it as well that happening. Kralicek and Simoncik are co-founders of Lighthouse Publishing. Anything when comes to editorial work goes throw them and directors of Vogue Portugal and GQ Portugal. (I do have an ideia either of them give Kralicek and Simoncik free pass to whatever they feel like doing from what I have seen from either magazines work)

Not sure is good choice. When comes to Vogue Portugal, the numbers have drop. And Portugal is still a good market when comes to magazines.

Not anymore. Vogue Italia is a caricature of what it used to be.
To be fair, they have a new EIC, with a different point of view. But you can't deny between 1988 to 2015 (and the half of 2016, I must say) was the most avant garde of all editions of Vogue, and actually they took some elements from their male counterpart, L'Uomo, in the mid 90s. After Franca's passing, VU took the torch (it's a good edition, but it's far from Franca's Vogue), and since then all the new editions of Vogue have the VI look. I don't know if there is a new statement, it's a homage to the old VI, lack of creativity, or whatever, but don't forget that Vogue Italia was the first one. I don't want to put VI in the same bag, as the newbies.

Holka, nebo kluk
Photographer: Alexander Bel
Styling: Jan Králíček
Models: Josef (Supermoda Management), Jakub P. (Exit Model Management), Rendy (Supermoda Management)
Make-up: Thomas Lorenz
Hair: Martin Tyl

The cover with Karolina looks like a vintage photo from the 20's or 30's. Nice to see a new editorial with Paulina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->