Vogue España September 2018 : Irina Shayk by Giampaolo Sgura

Not even Irina Shayk can turn this Eleanor Roosevelt dress into something sexy. I'm not sure why this edition is so obsessed with her, at least this cover looks better than her last one. I just don't understand why we hardly see her in campaigns and on the runway, yet here she is, on cover after cover.

Ugly cover, hideous dress. From Faretta to this, they went from homo sapiens to Australopithecus

When I first saw this today on Instagram, I was like wow, but checking it again, it seems a bit cold... And those shoulder pads - ugh!

Back in time, this shot would be the cue for Barbara Stanwyck to say something about putting a certain sort of woman in a Hollywood dress.

She suits this hair, but I agree the styling looks totally out of place

I actually really like this but will agree that the styling could have been a little better. Not bad by any chance.

Not even Irina Shayk can turn this Eleanor Roosevelt dress into something sexy. I'm not sure why this edition is so obsessed with her, at least this cover looks better than her last one. I just don't understand why we hardly see her in campaigns and on the runway, yet here she is, on cover after cover.

Well, she is extremely popular in Spain. And probably sells pretty well.

I like the short hair. I wished it was real.

HITS DE LOS OCHENTA
Photographer:
Giampaolo Sgura
Stylists: Juan Cebrián
Hair: Franco Gobbi
Make-Up: Tyron Machhausen
Model: Irina Shayk

Vogue España Digital Edition

Her beauty saves the cover from that hideous dress.
Short hair looks good on her.

This ed feels so deja-vu it hurts. I was gonna wait for the issue to arrive here and then decide whether to buy it or not, but now I'm feeling it's just a waste of money and room.

Looks very Testino. A towel shot wouldn’t be out of place.

Very Mario Testino, indeed... and I'm not complaining!

I've always had a massive soft spot for Irina Shayk and while the cover doesn't exactly scream September, I cannot help but to immediately like this. I love the red Gucci dress, the shorter hair on Irina, the white background, the black Vogue masthead - basically everything except maybe Irina's stance.

She lived in Spain for a very long time when dating Cristiano Ronaldo. That's probably why. But I thought she would fade in popularity as soon as she left. Apparently not.

It looks like a VP ed by Testino and Sims combined..
The styling is quite tragic tho.
The close-ups are great as they concentrate on her beauty...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->