Vogue Italia August 2018 : Madonna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Actually I love the editorial. It's somehow giving me the throwback vibe. I love the earthy element of it. Not only pure bondage kinda theme that she's been doing in the past few years. The bw photo with half of her face covered with flowers should be the cover. it's gorgeous

Daily Mail Digital Edition:judge:

Saw it yesterday, the coverline is somewhat misleading because Jan actually sort of praised her. Although with backhanded compliments typical to most DM writers.
I didn't spend any p on it, of course! Just read it online.

I said Vogue Portugal would never get this exclusive and so it was... Vogue Italia. This is so tragic. She proves once more that although she's been living here for almost one year she still has no idea what the city and country is like. The "fado house" she talks about are staples of the working class. You don't eat or drink fancy there... or at least you shouldn't. To have her picture taken there, looking like this sunset party with super goodlooking young men is ridiculous. That looks nothing like the environment a fado house.

Also laughed at her trying to claim she "always says" the oldest rant the Portuguese say about themselves: «I always say that Portugal is governed by three f: fado, football and Fátima.». When we say it, it's not a good thing. It's usually associated with bad political choices or being "too soft" on important matters (like, we only care about superfluous stuff). Seeing her say that as something "good" is just laughable. Also "gypsies dancing flamenco" - Portuguese gypsies don't dance flamenco. Spanish people do. :rofl: All in all... a soulless interview. From a long lost celebrity living in her paradise glass house.

As for the pictures... far from something I would like. Too "fake". Reminds me a lot of Testino, with all the photoshop and overbearing energy. It's a step away from the pretentious "young" covers but feels too much like Vogue US.

^ Thanks a lot Estefania for this important comment. Everything you wrote in on point and true. The interview and the pics are so ridiculous that it hurts.

Lol, well you know, it's not unlike her to adapt the most superficial and romanticised ideas from the country which she moves to. She did the same when she came to the UK. Had to play lady of the manor in Wiltshire, keep chickens, open a pub. It's like a tourist perception of England. In the end when things went sour, she simply couldn't wait to 'wash her hands' (her words, not mine) of her life in the UK and left nearly everything to Guy. So don't worry, once she'll fall out of love with Portugal and its Fado dosshouses and its vagabond young men, it'll be back to America as usual.

I have a sneaky suspicion the issue is dedicated to her. I wouldn't hate a Madonna themed fashion edit. There's not nearly enough of those in general, actually.

Her face in that shot with the oporto glass is gonna give me nightmares, was she suppoused to look drunk? It looks like she's about to conjure the devil. I like the shot of her in the green dress with the candles and that's it. I don't have a grudge against her because she's old or because of her disingenious love of Portugal, I simply don't find the images that inspiring, they're run of the mill M&M, who are not suited to this kind of family editorial in the first place. That's Testino's thing.

Ouch at the Daily Mail! That's just being mean for the sake of it, 60 or not (she really isn't, technically) she's a living legend.

Sijia Kang, Huan Zhou & More

vogue.it

Gosh I hope September is a KILLER issue because this is so boring. I understand, appreciate and recognize that Madonna is an icon. However, to me, that doesn’t warrant you a random cover whenever, just because you or the editors feel like it. This just feels so random and out of touch and out of place. The only interesting photo from the whole issue is the black snake worn as a scarf on the red dress.

Enough with the Meisel lookalikes. If they can't or won't have Meisel they should embrace something really new instead of someone trying to mimic his old work. Sadly, the non-Meisel inspired editorials are equally non-eventful. Just plain boring.

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Foldout cover, but I still wonder what on earth is this???

*As per tFS Community Rules, please DO NOT quote images. Thank you!

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Foldout cover, but I still wonder what on earth is this???

So that is what the green cover will look like? Not bad, actually. It is still in need of some editing, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->