Vogue Italia October 2012 : Meghan Collison by Steven Meisel

It looks like she's putting her face into a pensieve from Harry Potter - and I love all things Harry Potter so this has my approval :D!

Meghan is not a look-a-like, she actualy has one of the most special looks right now.

^^well okay, that was my opinion. i dont like her (in this case) at all. and i know and appreciate that vogue italia does its own thing, but i still think that they do better with real beauties. and they still do their own thing with them. just my opinion :wink:

I usually love Meghan on covers - that glare! - but this feels very unfinished to me, and it's because the text doesn't seem to stand out from the image. The colours are all too complementary, it's missing a touch of contrast somewhere in the mix.

^^
beauty is not based on innate qualities, but rather on individual interpretations.
I don't particularly like the cover but I'm so happy for Meghan, She's one of the few models that manage to deliver the emotional as well as the task aspect of the role she played in every single print work.

crap really. Her face really annoys me and the ripple effect looks so cheap.

Man I want to like this......I really do. I like the layout and the effects and it's definitely different and quite striking. But, and it's a big but, although I have cut Meghan some slack lately, as it's become clear to me that when she's used in the right environment she does well......unfortunately this isn't one of them and her face becomes once again, quite unsettling.
This would be a remarkable cover with at least about 20 current modelling faces I can think of, replacing Meghan's. Oh well.

I don't think this is so bad, but now that I'm looking at it on a larger size I'm seeing some details I don't actually like. The glowing instagram effect looks a bit cheap, it could have been adjusted better cause it seems like the hat or whatever she is wearing evokes a winter-y feeling. I'm losing my hopes on this editorial, it seems like it could be quite nice.

My prob lies with Meisel. It would be nice if he uses more current Supermodels of the moment as oppose to all his muses. Joan back in March and Daria in January are good examples of what I mean.

The ripple effect (is that was it's supposed to be?) laughably cheap. Meghan's face looks unpleasant, as per usual. Typeface is tacky. Another terrible VI cover.

What must Meisel and/or Franka do to lose their jobs? Alt gets called out on far better material at VP.

It's like the tilt shift effect on instagram. :unsure:

Well it's weird in a Vogue Italia way... but yuk, this cover is disgustingly weird. Not beautifully weird. Bad cover and choice, I hope the editorials inside will be more exciting than this, sorry.

i think it looks good to me only because Meghan was used in this kind of theme, i think she pulls it off well.

To me the cover is simply striking and makes me look forward to the ed. I'm not particularly interested in Meghan but I found I've liked most of the things she has ever done so far.
Hope the eds turn out great as well as the main one.

In theory I like this cover but really, it gives me a bit of a headache when I look at it. The ripple effect could have been done in a way that wasn't so harsh. That said, the concept is neat, just wish it was a bit more pleasing on the eyes.

I was intrigued in a very positive way when I read the title of the thread, I'm always fond of connections between models and photographers like the one between Meghan and Meisel, but I must say I'm not happy with the results (though I know Vogue Italia doesn't exist just to please my picky, itchy eyes). The disappointment was even bigger as I think Meghan has positively evolved in the palette of feelings and expressions she displays in her work (much more sophisticated today than used to be when she started and seemed always bored and exhausted). Maybe they put too much energy into a concept they didn't push as far as it should have been and forgot how simplicity and spontaneity can be ravishing and efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->