Vogue Italia October 2012 : Meghan Collison by Steven Meisel

Man I want to like this......I really do. I like the layout and the effects and it's definitely different and quite striking. But, and it's a big but, although I have cut Meghan some slack lately, as it's become clear to me that when she's used in the right environment she does well......unfortunately this isn't one of them and her face becomes once again, quite unsettling.
This would be a remarkable cover with at least about 20 current modelling faces I can think of, replacing Meghan's. Oh well.

I concur. Im actually stupefied many people like this so much. Besides the "innovative concept" the actual model makes me uncomfortable. I get it she makes great fashion angles but, and Im bordering on no go territory here, for all I know this girl is the epitome of health, I really dont think this sends the right message.

I think this is one of the worst magazine covers I've ever seen, even more unflattering to its model (who I usually love) than Raquel's August cover last year.

There's a tightness in Meghan's face that makes it appear as though she's trying to not sneeze. The ripple effect looks last-minute, the text (particularly the caption) blends in with the image too much, and the blurriness of some of the image actually hurts my eyes.

I've absolutely loved the last three covers from VI, and this is such a mind-boggling drop in quality for me.

I love it but it sorta reminds me of this cover

maybe because of the effect the lower half of the cover gives me... well It`s just my opinion

How I wish this resembled the February 2006 cover.

I don't really know what to say about the cover....

I need to see more of it.

Review _ Issue is 388 pages, but there's a huge huge amount of ads. It comes with the Vogue Casa supplement

Vogue Glitter - Eniko by David Dunan, 15 pages, black and white ed

Vogue Beauty - Coco Rocha (i think) by Miles Aldridge, styled by Cathy Kasterine, 9 pages

BLOW-UP - Meghan Collison by Steven Meisel, styled by Karl Temper - 20 pages

A Highland Friendship - Stella Tennant + her daughters Iris and Jasmine + Lord and Lady Cawdor by Bruce Weber, styled by Joe McKenna - 30 pages

Marine Vacth by Paolo Roversi, styled by Jacob K - 9 pages

Black and Roses - Kristen McMenamy by Tim Walker, styled by Jacob K - 16 pages

Fan Bingbing by Francesco Carrozzini (styled by Fan herself) - 5 pages

A real beauty - Miranda Kerr by Tom Munro, styled by ludivine Poiblanc - 10 pages

Interesting to see Weber back in VI. Thanks for the review mistress_f :flower:. Looking forward to Meisel, Walker's and Munro's eds. Seems to be more here than in September, in some ways.

I quite enjoy this cover. I do agree though, that meghans face looks really wierd and botox-y

The reviews sounds pretty good; Rocha, Weber, Roversi, McMenamy, etc! Thanks, mistress_f!

Kristen McMenamy by Tim Walker has got to be one of my favourite model/photographer duos ever. Looking forward to this editorial. And I'm pretty sure I'll be buying this issue. Stella Tennant, Paolo Roversi, Bruce Weber.. The content is amazing! :woot:

Sounds like an incredibly boring issue... again. Vogue Italia, you are outdated.

Only looking forward to the Walker editorial.

Best review in a couple of issues. Other than Meisel Im really happy for the best duo Kristen by Walker and also Coco by Aldridge.

Meisel's and Walker's eds are the best of the issue, imo. The Bruce Weber one is good aswell, but sooo long and kinda repetitive. I love the setting anyway.

Can't wait to see Kristen McMenamy by Tim Walker

^^Me too. But I'm still looking forward to seeing it even if it's only got Meghan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->