Vogue Japan July 2018 : Lexi Boling by Giampaolo Sgura

MDNA

Reaction score

Instagram.com/voguejapan

Ugh stunning!! Very chic.

Not what I expected considering the model.There's something very accessible about this shot. Make-up is a bit much, but Lexi looks fine.

I feel like I've seen Lexi look like this a thousand times already.

I feel like I've seen Lexi look like this a thousand times already.

They seem to give her this kind of hairstyle if they want her to serve glamour instead of grunge. The result is always good tho.

Finally a return to form... the classic Vogue Japan cover!

Oooo I quite like this, reminds me of covers from the 2000s

Lexi without her signature glare is odd to see but she looks stunning!

Makeup sort of ruins it for me but good thing she has such a strong and gorgeous face that it still pulled through. Cant wait to see the main ed

Meh! Compared to Luigi & Iango who've done wonders for Vogue Japan, Giampoaolo Sgura's covers for the magazine simply don't come close and feel like a throwback in the worst way. I do like Lexi's pose here, think she can photograph beautifully (most of the time it's by Steven Meisel) but overall this just feels lifeless and lackluster.

Saw the edit on Instagram, its pretty bad just the same jumping shots we see from Sgura every time he shoots for this magazine with a few random male models and inexplicable accessories. Bears little relation to the cover imo

Looks like a Bill King homage. He used to shoot glamorous supermodels with lots of male models, in white background. Meisel did the same in the mid 90s for italian vogue. I really like Giampaolo. He's not that bad. In the other hand this looks more like a comercial italian Vogue than a japanese fashion magazine. Maybe because of Anna.

Really ugly issue.

And I don't mean the bland, tepid, totally forgettable edits. Of which the cover story is so unbearably meek and cutesy with the guys dressed as marching band members, soldiers etc "marching" with her with the fakest of smiles and forced energy -- like a trio of theatre kids.

The entire layout of the issue is ugly in that generic Asian tabloid magazine aesthetic, where every single corner is crammed with too much text and too much generic thumbnails. It's a total eyesore and resembles the cheap classified ads on the back of the local newspaper. God is it an ugly issue. Must be a new "art director"...

COVER STORY
"LEXI MARCHING TO THE BEAT"

Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo
Hair: Andrew Guida
Make-up: Jessica Nedza

Models: Lexi Boling + Jhonattan Burjack + Giacomo Cavalli + Jacob Hankin + Matthew Noszka

Credit: Fashion Gone Rogue (fashiongonerogue.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->