Vogue Netherlands September 2013 : Doutzen Kroes by Paul Bellaart

Why do these people try so hard?

It's painful, I agree, and they've failed to create their own version or purpose.

This shoot of Doutzen's is awfully amateur, it looks like something you'd see on America's Next Top Model.

The cover pose is terrible. She looks like she's doing the chicken dance/birdie song while suffering from cramps. Not Doutzen's fault, but rather whoever picked this image for the cover.

the pose and her expression is just awful and the masthead is really awkward

This is really cheap. That picture isn't 'cover worthy' at all.

The cover did nothing for me,really not a good image for being a cover,but the preview looks promising.

Beautiful cover shot but judging from the editorial preview I'm sure there's a more cover approrpiate photo in there. That said, I'm not complaining at all. Doutzen looks gorgeous! :D

I love the photo, but I just hate when magazines remove a letter from the masthead when it's not necessary (Vogue does it often by removing G and Elle by removing L). Just like I said in Anja Rubik's German Vogue September thread, it would be better if the logo was behind her head. This way, it feels like something is missing.

I like the pose and the fashion but it looks like a Vogue Paris cover circa 2005 doesn't it? It looks like it's not current fashion or mood, it's beautiful but it doesn't look "now" to me

That is one awkward cover. Yikes. The composition, the pose, the random text - what a mess. Doutzen's head looks gigantic. She looks very amateur here.

i love the inside images previews but the cover is bad, hate what she is wearing and her pose :(

i do still like this magazine a lot though

Looks like Doutzen from 2005. I agree that it is not a good cover, but the face is so beautiful.

I like the pose and the fashion but it looks like a Vogue Paris cover circa 2005 doesn't it? It looks like it's not current fashion or mood, it's beautiful but it doesn't look "now" to me
Very interesting and I think that I even have to agree with you and with that said I even love it more! :wink:

I have a question....

WHY IS SHE WEARING Chanel PRE-FALL on the over of a SEPTEMBER ISSUE?

Do the entire workforce at Vogue-Netherlands not UNDERSTAND the way collections work?

i bought the august issue in amsterdam last month and they had actually advertised that they reduced the price :ninja: i don't think it's selling well

i bought the august issue in amsterdam last month and they had actually advertised that they reduced the price :ninja: i don't think it's selling well

Yeah, they are ought to go more commercial and lower the prize because the market for luxury fashion is not very big here. Dutch people are very no-nonsense and I don't see them walking around in Louis Vuitton and Prada. So in order to sell they must be commercial and speak to a very broad public since Holland doesn't have many inhabitants to begin with.

Got the issue in the mail yesterday. Extremely dissappointing. Doutzen's ed is okay but it's a watered down version of different styles. A little bit of I&V, a smidgen of Akrans and a few dashes of Hans Freuer.

I'm glad to see Anuschka Blommers & Niels Schumm have an editorial with Frida Aassen. I like their photography. But it's not a good ed. Frida does not look good.

Ajak Deng stars in a nice simple studio shoot by Marc de Groot.

There are some pictures of Kori Richardson by Meinke Klein and Marinet Matthee by Alique in the front part of the magazine.

There are some pictures of a Dutch actress no one will care about outside of the Netherlands.

Mirte Maas stars in a beauty editorial by Jason Kibbler. I'm sure it's a reprint and Craig McDean's collections ed from US Vogue's july issue is reprinted as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->