Vogue Paris November 2018 : Natasha Poly by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Good for Natasha! The rest of this is absolutely boring and pedestrian. Nothing here is memorable, creative, interesting or whatever.

Nice to see Natasha on the cover, but I don't like her hair here.

A glowing cover girl with a 1970s allure, Natasha Poly is the face of the November 2018 edition of Vogue Paris, which echoes the notes of a melody in homage to the legendary French singer Charles Aznavour, who died on October 1.

"His touching voice and his romantic verses shaped my life. Charles Aznavour was one of my idols. His portrait by Bernard Buffet had pride of place in my bedroom, his music traveled thousands of miles in my car with me… I was lucky enough to see him live in concert and, the icing on the cake, I had the pleasure and honor of sitting next to him at last year’s Vogue Paris Foundation dinner," writes Emmanuelle Alt, editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris in her editorial for the November 2018 issue. Aznavour’s distinctive vibrato flows throughout this new edition, which sees fashion become a cozy refuge in the depths of fall. Cover girl Natasha Poly sports a blonde, 70s-style look, top model Ashley Graham appears as a Sophia Loren-esque farm girl in the mountains of Corsica, and Anna Ewers channels neoromanticism in the English countryside for a fashion series named "La Bohème” – a fitting homage to Aznavour’s lullaby-like song of the same name. From the grandeur of the Opéra Garnier to the atypical life of Freddie Mercury, notes of universal music resonate throughout this magazine, in celebration of the "artiste de variété du siècle".
vogue.fr

Strewth! Ashley Graham in Vogue Paris? And it actually sounds good. You can't go wrong with an edit set in Corsica.

And Ashley has been looking better than ever recently.

Aznavour only died about a fortnight ago, so that's a quick turnaround to suddenly have an issue that resonates with the music of his soul... perhaps it was a theme that came in handy when trying to package the content of this issue.

Don't like Natasha but I like the cover for fall. Hate the hair though.

barf. I'm so sick of this woman's auto-pilot retro schtick.

I'm afraid I just can't get behind it like everyone else - all I can see is the haircut and think about how much I wish it was a wig.

I'm not a fan of Natasha so I don't mind that it looks nothing like her. I'm not a fan of the post production either but it's I&V so I'm happy it isn't even worse. All considered, it's their best cover in ages and feels quite fresh. I like the hair and make-up, looks very 70s and french and I like the heavy sweater/styling. Can't help but wonder how this would have turned out shot by Jamie or Mikael and with Anna Ewers.

Gives vintage vibe while looking modern at the same time. Love it.

Can't believe all the comments are kind of positive. This looks like something a country from East Europe would do... It's really bad and the layout is terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->