Vogue Paris September 2018 by Mikael Jansson & Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

^^
Exactly. Vogue Russia is not Vogue Paris.
I mean, Carine worked with her at ELLE and never dare to put her in Vogue if i remember well...And Carine, compared to Emmanuelle really opened her magazine to a lot of people (Paris Hilton, Andre J...etc).

I find ELLE a bit cheesy as a HF model but maybe she will deliver in this issue but apart from smiles and body conscious poses, i can't picture her doing anything else.

What kind of crise is currently occurring at Vogue Paris where the September covers feature legends looking like washed-up actresses, and the August issue... well, that belongs firmly in the past.

Xavier Romatet left and even if I love Emmanuelle, it's maybe time for her to leave. I think i would rather see her expertise as a consultant again than as an editor anymore.
There's no crisis, it's just that after 18 years, her vision for the magazine feels redundant. VP is maybe the most HF oriented edition of the magazine and like with designers, if the editor doesn't find ways to refresh it aesthetic....then there's nothing else to talk about. You can tell me that Anna & Franca stayed for a longtime but i think that at VP, a decade is enough. For that type of setting (small line-up of photographers, models and contributors), a decade is really enough.

What kind of crise is currently occurring at Vogue Paris where the September covers feature legends looking like washed-up actresses, and the August issue... well, that belongs firmly in the past.

And, to extend your riff tigerrouge, just who is the VP woman ? Christy looks like every other fashion mom who has had a bit of work done.....

^^
Exactly. Vogue Russia is not Vogue Paris.
I mean, Carine worked with her at ELLE and never dare to put her in Vogue if i remember well...And Carine, compared to Emmanuelle really opened her magazine to a lot of people (Paris Hilton, Andre J...etc).

I find ELLE a bit cheesy as a HF model but maybe she will deliver in this issue but apart from smiles and body conscious poses, i can't picture her doing anything else.

Cheesy and pedestrian to the max. I never cared for her. And it's not only because of her consuming rhino horn as a superfood, but also the fact that she's not taken a good image in years. May well be the reason why she can't even book Vogue in her native Australia.

Everything looks kind of cheap here...

It's like Alt and Vogue Paris in general don't have a purpose in fashion anymore... They've just been recycling everything for the past 5 years, not even doing better versions of what they did, but watered down ones.

I feel so sad that an industry that was my everything is now my nothing. Fashion devored itself.

Since they mentioned Michael Jackson on the cover, I wonder if they shot his daughter Paris for this issue. Not long ago, I saw pictures from a photoshoot of her wearing a ballgown with all her tattoos covered with makeup.

I'm so curious to see what the Elle Macpherson photos will look like... most of her HF eds the past few years have been on the beach...

Naomi’s got the strongest cover here. I’m neutral on Christy, and Moss is hideous. I would have preferred to have seen Claudia or even the rather anomalous Elle.

When will Ms Alt's contract end? She fits better as a consultant for Maje etc I think....:stuart:

She was so good in 90's and early 00's but now her creative output a bit lifeless and meaningless I am afraid....

Kate looks mentally impaired on her cover, just awful and rough looking, that gauzy filter is the stuff of nightmares. Naomi's cover is a badly cropped replica of a Meisel edit with Naomi channeling Josephine Baker's dance moves. Mediocre at best. Christy's had potential but her eyeliner looks like it was applied on the back of a moving vehicle with a butterknife, the hair is nice though.

Here's me PRAYING the edits are better than these crappy covers, I'm already dreading Kate's since the concept is soooo played out.

I feel like I've seen that kind of styling and overall aesthetic on Naomi before. What's with fashion editors' inability to challenge the super? They didn't become a super if it weren't for their versatility. Why can't they experiment a little bit by, say, putting Naomi in Gucci's librarian getup or the huge double-layered parka from Balenciaga F/W'18 and see if she can still make it glamorous and sexy? I mean, I like her cover here but Naomi donning a disco-inspired dress is so safe, it comes off like a cliche.

I don't really care for the other two covers. Christy's has a potential but the eye make-up is very strange and the overall approach is not worthy for a September issue.

I'm just as underwhelmed as everyone else and as much as I love Mikael Jansson's work, I can't help but wonder if Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott would've done a more superior job? This all feels very... tepid and flat for September covers of Vogue Paris. I hate how incoherent the three covers are, and it's almost like Alt couldn't decided on one cover, so just opted for all three.

I'm disappointed for the covers, excepting than Naomi has the best. I was expected more when i see the names of this issue, just wait to see the whole content.

Beyond bored by the 90's supers. Or at least, these three.

Kate's and Naomi's are bad, Christy's is ok. Hopefully the rest of the content will be better.

Previews:

VOGUE. FR

All the previews looks quite promising. I’m especially excited by the line up of the I&V edit! Too bad Claudia got relegated to a Miss Vogue edit though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->