Vogue Portugal August 2015 : Catherine McNeil by Alexei Lubomirski

Benn98

Reaction score

Photography: Alexi Lubomirski.
Hair: Ben Skervin.
Make-up: Tyron Machhausen.

Source: Facebook.com/Vogue Portugal

I find this very striking and a major step up for them. Sounds like they produce this themselves, but I might be wrong.

It's a reprint from Vogue Russia June 2015.

Nice cover, even if it is a reprint.

It works... Sometimes I'm happy to see a cover worthy shot get the reprint treatment.

Props to Vogue Portugal. This just works. There's something slightly cheap about it but nevermind.

I think I'm going to get this just because it's Cat. Vogue Portugal is really bad, editorial speaking, and I'm tired of its reprints. But I wasn't able to get Vogue Russia so... yeah.

I think I'm going to get this just because it's Cat. Vogue Portugal is really bad, editorial speaking, and I'm tired of its reprints. But I wasn't able to get Vogue Russia so... yeah.

I actually think this shot is better than the one VR had, so you're lucky. :wink:

POOL PARTY (Reprint from Vogue Russia June 2015)
Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski
Stylist: Olga Dunina
Hair: Ben Skervin
Make-up: Tyron Machhausen
Model: Catherine McNeil, Caleb Lane & Jimmy Brighton

Vogue Portugal

O OUTONO QUE SE SEGUE (AUTUMN THAT FOLLOWS)
Photographer: Frederico Martins
Stylist: Paulo Macedo
Hair: Miguel Viana
Make-up: Cristina Gomes
Model: Dorith Mous

Vogue Portugal

TENS CÁ DISTO?
Photographer: Pedro Ferreira
Stylist: Ana Campos
Hair: Helena Vaz Pereira
Make-up: Cristina Gomes & Miguel Stapleton
Models/Celebrities: Oceana Basílio, Dânia Neto, Anabela Moreira, Bruna Quintas, Noua Wong, Sara Matos & Leonel Vieira

Vogue Portugal

VERÃO BOÊMIO? (Reprint from US Vogue June 2015)
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Hair: Shay Ashual
Make-up: Mark Carrasquillo
Models/Celebrities: Caroline Trentini & Hozier

Vogue Portugal

This photo of Catherine slays as a cover. Iconic.

The three editorials together is quite an good and diverse mix. At the end of the day, that's all that should matter. Judging by their past covers, and the 2nd editorial, they would be able to produce good material if they had the means.

They have the means. We have another 100% Portuguese fashion magazine that is mostly made of fashion editorials (around five per issue). They may try to make it sound like "lack of means" but everyone knows there's a lot more behind it.

They have the means. We have another 100% Portuguese fashion magazine that is mostly made of fashion editorials (around five per issue). They may try to make it sound like "lack of means" but everyone knows there's a lot more behind it.

Which portuguese mag are you talking about?

Which portuguese mag are you talking about?

EDIT. :smile:

And yes, I'm aware of how much each photographer and model earns working for each mag. I've already talked to models and photographers that worked for both mags and I have an idea of the values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->