Vogue Russia September 2018 : Natasha, Natalia & Irina by Giampaolo Sgura

The 3 girl cover reminds me of this Vogue Deutsch 1990 cover featuring Irene Pfeiffer, Mitzi Martin and maybe Sofia Goff & Dana Patrick?? I used to own it this.

ac09104312c45ca804d5a3c06ece4709.jpg
Source: Pintrest

some previews

vogue.ru

looks like same sh*t issue as always

Those previews look indeed terribly unexcited.

Is that another LV editorial?

26 pages? really? do they think we not seen these 3 for the past 10 years or what. Thats ok for some forgoten 90th stars but not for two overused Natashas

Review
Hamish Bowles wrote a letter. it is right after EIC's letter
Vogue Jewelry : Steffi Cook by Fanny Latour-Lambert, styled by Zolototrubova 6 photos

Cover story - 24 pages!!! (first photo in thePreachersWife post is in EIC's letter and 2nd is FNO ad)
Mckenna Hellam by Daria Kobayashi Ritch, styled by Catherine Newell-Hanson 10 pages
Hannah Ferguson by Ben Hassett, styled by Masha Fedorova 5 photos
Pooja Mor by Buzz White, styled by Svetlana Vashenyak 12 pages
346 pages total

Beauty Supplement
Cover and 5 photos : Bianca Balti by David Mushegain, styled by Djuna Bel
Iana Godnia by Joan Braun, styled by Zolototrubova 5 photos

so yes, according to current VR team other russian models other than these 3 on the cover never existed

so yes, according to current VR team other russian models other than these 3 on the cover never existed

Just fipped through the issue and while I adore Natalia, Natasha and Irina's gorgeous shoot, I was immensely disappointed they were the only Russian models inside! No trace of Sasha P and Anna S, who regularly got covered there, or even Sasha Luss and Vlada! Blasphemy I tell you.

True! At some stage all you could see was Russians, and they narrowed it down to 3? Where's Daria, Sasha (Luss!), Vlada, maybe even the Pavlova twins?

Other than the cover edit, review actually sounds great to me! Hannah, Pooja, Iana....could delivery solid edits. Whoever decided on the cover edit need to sharpen their eye. 24 Pages yet so many repetitive shots? Why not just run a tighter and more cohesive shoot and be done with it? But they probably wanted to make sure they're getting their money's with booking these three...

Hamish Bowles wrote a letter. it is right after EIC's letter

What's this all about? Sounds a bit random.........

What's this all about? Sounds a bit random.........
Yes it is random. It is one page about russian models and at least he mentioned Pantaeva, Pantushenkova, Semanova and Khozissova other than 3 cover girls

I love the editorial, is surprisingly good the first image would have been a better cover. I just miss Sasha in this.

Not good at all. I don't like any of the pictures and the worst one is Natalia's.

Funny how the backstage shot of the cover (posted on Sgura's instagram) shows Natasha next to Irina while the cover shows Natasha next to Natalia. Curious if they just changed the placement during the shot or if they photoshopped it afterwards?

for an anniversary issue, the content seems very lackluster. 20 years and this is what you come up with?

The coverstory is utterly forgettable. I get the casual tone they’re going for, but it feels so empty and lazy. Giampaolo only ever bothers to put in the effort when he's shooting beautiful men. With beautiful women, he's very robotic and the images suffer for that. Why can't the editors see this????

The darkhorse is a coat story set in smallville USA, shot by Buzz White with an East Indian/Pakistani model— don’t know her name, but she looks a bit like a younger Frieda Pinto. Gorgeous woman with an alluring and siren air about her that totally heightens the small-town USA vibe of the story. Their beauty story is also another stronge one, a reminder of VR's better days in the mid-2000s. That’s sadly the best of all they’ve got for their Anniversary/September issue...

The three solo covers are definitely better than the group cover and I'll be hunting down Natasha Poly's cover (for obvious reasons).

Must admit that the accompanying cover story is well executed too. Yeah, might not be the finest of fashion photography from Giampaolo Sgura but it does feel celebratory, fun and lighthearted for an anniversary issue. A thumbs up from me!

That editorial looks like a bunch of Insta-nobodies playing models in daddy's mansion with mommy's clothes, the photoshop is hideous and it lacks any artistry. I do like casual fashion photography from time to time, but this is a poor attempt at that, Vogue Paris' Fashion Night Out feature with Andrea by Hans Feurer is an example of how to pull off this style of photography

Did Natalia and Irina cost them so much money that they weren't able to afford good photographers/models for this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->