Vogue Turkey July 2018 : Cindy Crawford by Miguel Reveriego

Oh, no no. Don't bracket Claudia with Cindy. She's been doing fine. She had Karl and Testino for a good decade recently, and if push came to shove, there was always Vogue Germany who recently celebrated her anniversary with a cover. Also that was at a time when nobody bothered much with Christy like they're doing now.

Cindy however had an almost nonexistent HF presence for the past 18 years, punctuated only with random covers like Elle Canada, Vogue Mexico etc. The tide only turned because of Kaia. Claudia does not need to push her children on a runway to book a cover.

:heart: :flower: :heart:

Seriously, people should step outside their "fashion" bubble. Cindy was the commercial girl of the 90s, specially in Europe. It was never about her fashion covers and always about her non-fashion advertising work. So yes, she trying to get into HF/HC and fashion covers nowadays looks forced! She was mocked by designers back in the day, FFS! Her audience were always those outside of fashion and with a very high percentage of male following. She was a sex symbol (and proud of it), not a fashion symbol!

She was the Kate Upton of her time. If we are going for consistency here, can't wait to see Kate when she's 50 years old, fronting all them fashion magazines, from Vogue Paris to Vogue Turkey. :flower:

Oh, no no. Don't bracket Claudia with Cindy. She's been doing fine. She had Karl and Testino for a good decade recently, and if push came to shove, there was always Vogue Germany who recently celebrated her anniversary with a cover. Also that was at a time when nobody bothered much with Christy like they're doing now.

Cindy however had an almost nonexistent HF presence for the past 18 years, punctuated only with random covers like Elle Canada, Vogue Mexico etc. The tide only turned because of Kaia. Claudia does not need to push her children on a runway to book a cover.

:heart: :flower: :heart:

Seriously, people should step outside their "fashion" bubble. Cindy was the commercial girl of the 90s, specially in Europe. It was never about her fashion covers and always about her non-fashion advertising work. So yes, she trying to get into HF/HC and fashion covers nowadays looks forced! She was mocked by designers back in the day, FFS! Her audience were always those outside of fashion and with a very high percentage of male following. She was a sex symbol (and proud of it), not a fashion symbol!

She was the Kate Upton of her time. If we are going for consistency here, can't wait to see Kate when she's 50 years old, fronting all them fashion magazines, from Vogue Paris to Vogue Turkey. :flower:

So I guess Irving Penn,Richard Avedon,Helmut Newton,Herb Ritts,Peter Lindbergh,Patrick Deamrchelier,Steven Meisel, Vogue,W,Bazaar, and Elle magazines were among her "mockers"? ^ No she was not a high fashion "queen" or a strictly commercial model. She did it all, from Plyboy to Vogue Italia, for many years. She is the meaning of SUPERmodel, whether you like her or not. Its a fact.

So I guess Irving Penn,Richard Avedon,Helmut Newton,Herb Ritts,Peter Lindbergh,Patrick Deamrchelier,Steven Meisel, Vogue,W,Bazaar, and Elle magazines were among her "mockers"? ^ No she was not a high fashion "queen" or a strictly commercial model. She did it all, from Plyboy to Vogue Italia, for many years. She is the meaning of SUPERmodel, whether you like her or not. Its a fact.

I said designers, not photographers, don't try to change what I said just because you are a fan. :flower:

Photographers use non-traditional models all the time. It's a creative process. You know who also did from Playboy (actually, not sure she did Playboy but she did Sports Illustrated) to Vogue Italia and is a Meisel sweetheart? Kate Upton.

I said designers, not photographers, don't try to change what I said just because you are a fan. :flower:

Photographers use non-traditional models all the time. It's a creative process. You know who also did from Playboy (actually, not sure she did Playboy but she did Sports Illustrated) to Vogue Italia and is a Meisel sweetheart? Kate Upton.

and I already said Cindy wasn't a full on runway or campaign girl ^. Not every supermodel ticked every box. Linda wasnt a beauty model. Christy said men were never her fanbase.. she strictly reached a female/fashion audience and so on. I'm pretty sure every model in history has had their niche, not just Cindy. I won't even begin on Kate Upton and Cindy comparisons. Kate is probably more along the Elle/Tyra/Heidi type swimsuit model. Cindy was and is very much a part of fashion history. :smile:

and I already said Cindy wasn't a full on runway or campaign girl ^. Not every supermodel ticked every box. Linda wasnt a beauty model. Christy said men were never her fanbase.. she strictly reached a female/fashion audience and so on. I'm pretty sure every model in history has had their niche, not just Cindy. I won't even begin on Kate Upton and Cindy comparisons. Kate is probably more along the Elle/Tyra/Heidi type swimsuit model. Cindy was and is very much a part of fashion history. :smile:

Thank you Michebella, words of truth. And to compare Kate Upton's & Cindy's career? Seriously? :lol: The level of stupidity.

Thank you Michebella, words of truth. And to compare Kate Upton's & Cindy's career? Seriously? :lol: The level of stupidity.

When Cindy got her first American Vogue cover, Linda apparently said "August really isn't a big month" LOOOL

Whether those immortal pearls of wisdom were actually spoken or just urban legend, Linda was always an OG beauty-- and an absolute beast.

When Cindy got her first American Vogue cover, Linda apparently said "August really isn't a big month" LOOOL

Whether those immortal pearls of wisdom were actually spoken or just urban legend, Linda was always an OG beauty-- and an absolute beast.

That's on tape. It was a round-table supermodel discussion session for TV.

That's on tape. It was a round-table supermodel discussion session for TV.

Yes and two months later she got the October cover. And in 1987 she got September, November and January. Many more followed later.

I am afraid some people are just being ignorant here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes and two months later she got the October cover. And in 1987 she got September, November and January. Many more followed later.

I am afraid some people are just being ignorant here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cindy Crawford was and is a legendary Supermodel, from the era when that actually meant something. This Vogue cover sucks, as have most of her recent covers, but please do not demean her by showing massive ignorance of credits and legacy. Comparing her to Kate Upton?? Ignorance full stop.:rolleyes:

If Cindy wants to continue to dip her toes in fashion, she's got to be more selective of who she works with. Miguel Reveriego should have been a hard no.

Cindy Crawford was and is a legendary Supermodel, from the era when that actually meant something. This Vogue cover sucks, as have most of her recent covers, but please do not demean her by showing massive ignorance of credits and legacy. Comparing her to Kate Upton?? Ignorance full stop.:rolleyes:

If Cindy wants to continue to dip her toes in fashion, she's got to be more selective of who she works with. Miguel Reveriego should have been a hard no.

You can't compare a career from a 90s model and a post-2000 model. There simply isn't a way to directly compare both. What I did mean is that Cindy was a commercial model that also did fashion. Not the opposite. Just like Kate Upton (I would use another for comparison but truth is I can't think of another current Sports Illustrated/TV ad/Guess girl/Vogue Italia cover girl). Just like Lara Stone, nowadays, is mainly a fashion model that also does commercial work.

And it does say a lot the disgust Kate's name brings on this forum when she did get a VI cover, she is indeed a Meisel sweetheart and sure she does SI. She is absolutely major worldwide with video-game characters made after her. So... yes, that is pretty major for a model in this century. :lol: (I'm far from a fan but I can see her stellar career).

Just to finish my comments on this thread: I still maintain she has to be more selective. She will never get back to her golden years and this much exposure nowadays, specially when putting work like this out, is more damaging than anything else. She should let Kaia ride the big horse and embrace her days as a former supermodel. Trying to catch up to her daughter or gain momentum is depressing. This is not ageism: Kristen McMenamy and Carmen's do amazing work nowadays but they know what to do and when to do it.

You can't compare a career from a 90s model and a post-2000 model. There simply isn't a way to directly compare both. What I did mean is that Cindy was a commercial model that also did fashion. Not the opposite. Just like Kate Upton (I would use another for comparison but truth is I can't think of another current Sports Illustrated/TV ad/Guess girl/Vogue Italia cover girl). Just like Lara Stone, nowadays, is mainly a fashion model that also does commercial work.

And it does say a lot the disgust Kate's name brings on this forum when she did get a VI cover, she is indeed a Meisel sweetheart and sure she does SI. She is absolutely major worldwide with video-game characters made after her. So... yes, that is pretty major for a model in this century. :lol: (I'm far from a fan but I can see her stellar career).

Just to finish my comments on this thread: I still maintain she has to be more selective. She will never get back to her golden years and this much exposure nowadays, specially when putting work like this out, is more damaging than anything else. She should let Kaia ride the big horse and embrace her days as a former supermodel. Trying to catch up to her daughter or gain momentum is depressing. This is not ageism: Kristen McMenamy and Carmen's do amazing work nowadays but they know what to do and when to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->