Vogue Turkey July 2018 : Cindy Crawford by Miguel Reveriego

I ADORE Kate so the disgust is not on me and I really wish her to be as big and successful that Cindy was in the 90's but she is not and will never be. You really know nothing about Cindy's career to say such things as "she was a commercial model who did fashion" GOD. :blink:

The only thing I agree with is the now. To me she lost it all. Her beauty because of too much stuff done and she basically delivers nothing anymore on pictures. Being Cindy Crawford and sit is here is not enough. At least for me.

I ADORE Kate so the disgust is not on me and I really wish her to be as big and successful that Cindy was in the 90's but she is not and will never be. You really know nothing about Cindy's career to say such things as "she was a commercial model who did fashion" GOD. :blink:

The only thing I agree with is the now. To me she lost it all. Her beauty because of too much stuff done and she basically delivers nothing anymore on pictures. Being Cindy Crawford and sit is here is not enough. At least for me.

Who doesnt love Cindy but this is the first time in my life a cover has made me laugh ... not out loud, but lots of successive little laughs... lots of them ...

this is so bad, it's like a Little Britain parody of a Cindy Vogue cover, or of Caitlyn ... so bad

Who doesnt love Cindy but this is the first time in my life a cover has made me laugh ... not out loud, but lots of successive little laughs... lots of them ...

this is so bad, it's like a Little Britain parody of a Cindy Vogue cover, or of Caitlyn ... so bad

I was a huge fan of Cindy's look in the 90s, and while she always had the ability to tap into popular appeal, she also made some embarrassing decisions back them (the marriage, the movie) and for me, she still retains the knack for doing both.

I was a huge fan of Cindy's look in the 90s, and while she always had the ability to tap into popular appeal, she also made some embarrassing decisions back them (the marriage, the movie) and for me, she still retains the knack for doing both.

I can't believe how some people talk down about Cindy Crawford's modeling career over one bad cover. She was not just a commercial model ala Heidi/Tyra. She's had one of the most successful fashion careers of all time. Sure she wasn't the go to runway or campaign girl but editorially and cover wise, she was always a star.

Exactly! i find it absrurd how anyone would think that Cindy needs her daughter to have a career. I doubt that she's trying to have a high fashion comeback. I grew up on the other side of the world but even I and others around me knew who she was.

I can't believe how some people talk down about Cindy Crawford's modeling career over one bad cover. She was not just a commercial model ala Heidi/Tyra. She's had one of the most successful fashion careers of all time. Sure she wasn't the go to runway or campaign girl but editorially and cover wise, she was always a star.

Exactly! i find it absrurd how anyone would think that Cindy needs her daughter to have a career. I doubt that she's trying to have a high fashion comeback. I grew up on the other side of the world but even I and others around me knew who she was.

If Cindy wants to continue to dip her toes in fashion, she's got to be more selective of who she works with. Miguel Reveriego should have been a hard no.
Its not first time them working together actually and both eds were far from bad. Blame Vogue Turkey team here

Vogue Russia November 2007 http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=3708358&postcount=43
US Bazaar March 2010 https://www.fashiongonerogue.com/harpers-bazaar-us-cindy-crawford-by-miguel-reveriego/

If Cindy wants to continue to dip her toes in fashion, she's got to be more selective of who she works with. Miguel Reveriego should have been a hard no.
Its not first time them working together actually and both eds were far from bad. Blame Vogue Turkey team here

Vogue Russia November 2007 http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=3708358&postcount=43
US Bazaar March 2010 https://www.fashiongonerogue.com/harpers-bazaar-us-cindy-crawford-by-miguel-reveriego/

:heart: :flower: :heart:

Seriously, people should step outside their "fashion" bubble. Cindy was the commercial girl of the 90s, specially in Europe. It was never about her fashion covers and always about her non-fashion advertising work. So yes, she trying to get into HF/HC and fashion covers nowadays looks forced! She was mocked by designers back in the day, FFS! Her audience were always those outside of fashion and with a very high percentage of male following. She was a sex symbol (and proud of it), not a fashion symbol!

She was the Kate Upton of her time. If we are going for consistency here, can't wait to see Kate when she's 50 years old, fronting all them fashion magazines, from Vogue Paris to Vogue Turkey. :flower:

blasphemy! Did you just say Kate Upton? Even Heidi and Tyra are on a bigger level than Kate. Cindy was the Gisele of the supermodel era
"During the 1980s and 1990s, Crawford was among the most popular supermodels and a ubiquitous presence on magazine covers, runways, and in fashion campaigns. She was repeatedly and frequently featured on the cover of many magazines, including Vogue, W, People, Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Cosmopolitan, and Allure. A partial count in 1998 totalled over 500 appearances.[12] Crawford has walked the runways for Chanel, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Todd Oldham, DKNY, and Valentino. Crawford also appeared in many fashion campaigns during her career, including those for Versace, Calvin Klein, Escada, David Yurman, Oscar De La Renta, Balmain, Hermes, Ellen Tracy, Valentino, Bally, Liz Claiborne, Hervé Leger, Halston, Anne Klein, Isaac Mizrahi, Blumarine, Guess, Ink, Gap, and Revlon. She has also worked for Omega, Maybelline, Clairol, Pepsi, and Chilean retail stores Ripley (partner of Macy's).

she appeared alongside top models Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, Tatjana Patitz and Naomi Campbell on the cover of the January 1990 edition of British Vogue magazine. Crawford and the other four models subsequently appeared in the video for George Michael's hit "Freedom '90" later that year.

Crawford quit full-time modeling in 2000 and now appears only occasionally in fashion magazines. She continues to provide celebrity endorsement for a variety of projects."

Wiki

Also more non Kate Upton content here

9ea38738c11fc49eed6d783ad3022af3.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-07-18-at-3.06.18-PM-1050x701.png

Galore_Mag_Cindy_Crawford_Feature.jpg

2be6c9c90211704c3a69becfc0bb3108--chanel-style-s-style.jpg

pinterest
selectspecs

Last edited by a moderator:
:heart: :flower: :heart:

Seriously, people should step outside their "fashion" bubble. Cindy was the commercial girl of the 90s, specially in Europe. It was never about her fashion covers and always about her non-fashion advertising work. So yes, she trying to get into HF/HC and fashion covers nowadays looks forced! She was mocked by designers back in the day, FFS! Her audience were always those outside of fashion and with a very high percentage of male following. She was a sex symbol (and proud of it), not a fashion symbol!

She was the Kate Upton of her time. If we are going for consistency here, can't wait to see Kate when she's 50 years old, fronting all them fashion magazines, from Vogue Paris to Vogue Turkey. :flower:

blasphemy! Did you just say Kate Upton? Even Heidi and Tyra are on a bigger level than Kate. Cindy was the Gisele of the supermodel era
"During the 1980s and 1990s, Crawford was among the most popular supermodels and a ubiquitous presence on magazine covers, runways, and in fashion campaigns. She was repeatedly and frequently featured on the cover of many magazines, including Vogue, W, People, Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Cosmopolitan, and Allure. A partial count in 1998 totalled over 500 appearances.[12] Crawford has walked the runways for Chanel, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Todd Oldham, DKNY, and Valentino. Crawford also appeared in many fashion campaigns during her career, including those for Versace, Calvin Klein, Escada, David Yurman, Oscar De La Renta, Balmain, Hermes, Ellen Tracy, Valentino, Bally, Liz Claiborne, Hervé Leger, Halston, Anne Klein, Isaac Mizrahi, Blumarine, Guess, Ink, Gap, and Revlon. She has also worked for Omega, Maybelline, Clairol, Pepsi, and Chilean retail stores Ripley (partner of Macy's).

she appeared alongside top models Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, Tatjana Patitz and Naomi Campbell on the cover of the January 1990 edition of British Vogue magazine. Crawford and the other four models subsequently appeared in the video for George Michael's hit "Freedom '90" later that year.

Crawford quit full-time modeling in 2000 and now appears only occasionally in fashion magazines. She continues to provide celebrity endorsement for a variety of projects."

Wiki

Also more non Kate Upton content here

9ea38738c11fc49eed6d783ad3022af3.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-07-18-at-3.06.18-PM-1050x701.png

Galore_Mag_Cindy_Crawford_Feature.jpg

2be6c9c90211704c3a69becfc0bb3108--chanel-style-s-style.jpg

pinterest
selectspecs

Last edited by a moderator:
I do notice, in both those previous recent editorials, you don't really see her full face in most of the shots. They're stunning, but they're all about angle and shade.

I do notice, in both those previous recent editorials, you don't really see her full face in most of the shots. They're stunning, but they're all about angle and shade.

I watched that video twice yearssss ago but now it´s nowhere to be found on YouTube :(

I can't find it on dailymotion either, which is usually where you find old youtube vids... and it was Beverley Johnson in the round table discussion, rather than Iman, my mistake.

There are segments from House of Style that I'm watching now on YouTube that I have not seen since 1992-93, when I would tape the show (on Sony Betamax) and then I'd rewatch every single moment with teenage fervour, until accidentally recording something else over it, probably involving Madonna or fit men.

I watched that video twice yearssss ago but now it´s nowhere to be found on YouTube :(

I can't find it on dailymotion either, which is usually where you find old youtube vids... and it was Beverley Johnson in the round table discussion, rather than Iman, my mistake.

There are segments from House of Style that I'm watching now on YouTube that I have not seen since 1992-93, when I would tape the show (on Sony Betamax) and then I'd rewatch every single moment with teenage fervour, until accidentally recording something else over it, probably involving Madonna or fit men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->