W December 2010 : Katherine Heigl by Patrick Demarchelier

ugh, the baby looks much better than her.
it's really sad to see a great magazine becoming this piece of ...

Sorry, but the "Family Issue" theme for a fashion magazine is not working for me at all. One doesn't relate to the other, in my book. I can read Redbook or Ladie's Home Journal if I need to combine the two.

:lol: I think Vogue Paris had a family themed issue last year (April with Scarlett?), but this is W not Vogue Paris.

I like the cover, and that just may be because that baby is adorable. The gesture and expression she is making was probably a happy accident, but its amazing. She is bringing out the baby crazy in me.

I think there should be more chubby babies on snobby magazine covers. Maybe I should start a petition.

I'm pretty sick of baby worship overall, and I'm at the point where I simply can't stand Katherine.

Another magazine that makes no sense anymore.

"Family Issue" in W...really?

Better than the last cover, but it doesn't look like a fashion magazine at all. I think the new typography is more fitted Wall Street Journal and as people have already pointed out--the photo is very Vanity Fair. When you have Demarchelier you can do so much more!

I also hate the Who What Where thing, it seems like something you would have in a yearbook not a fashion mag. :yuk:

Why is she pimping out her child like this? It feels like she's using her to make people forget all the bad press she got. Lame.

I'm excited for the article on Sofia Coppola though.

Family Circus
Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Styling: Alex White
Model: Arizona Muse

[nextmodelsblog.blogspot]

^oooh, looks amazing! sucks that there's only one shot :( would love to see more from arizona next time!

The cover is absolutely better than last month's. and Arizona's ed is nice too.

It's a decent cover. Nothing more, nothing less.

But what's happening to W?

This magazine is doomed for failure under Tonchi. Such a shame.

Interesting. There is nothing wrong with this picture, in fact I quite like it but there is still something disarming about seeing it on the cover of W. This feels very Vanity Fair to me, so much so that I'm wondering who shot it.

Very well said, Luxx. The cover picture doesn't just fit to a magazine like this one.

Family Circus looks amazing. Love the winter vibe in it. Hopefully it's a long spread. :smile:

don't understand how come their recent covers are so...not good. seriously match the cover with the content

would have rather seen sandra bullock and baby louis...:ninja:

i remember harpers bazaar did this a few years back in the kate betts era,
and it was very successful...
the cover was gisele and patricia bundchen, and the inside ed "the family album" featured great shots of steven tyler, peggy lipton, frank gehry, liya kebede, the etros, with their families, plus another ed starring luca gadjus and anouck lepere as jackie kennedy and lee radziwill...
the entire issue was done really well...i can hold out hope that this issue will be similarly interesting...:lol:

2edsd2u

topmodelfashion.net

There is nothing worse than a celebrity exploiting his/her child for a bit of press.

I mean the photo is beautiful, Katherine looks stunning, and the baby is cute, it has a nice vibe, but then it doesnt work as a cover with that layout at all! My problem with this new logo is that now this looks like a supplement to WWD, not a major independent fashion magazine. Which is ironic, since that is how W started, then gained a following, and its back again to looking irelevant!

^I agree the cover is beautiful, its a lovely shot, just not what I expect on a W cover. I do love Arizonas edit, its dreamy and lovely, excited to see more.

The cover is so awkward, it looks like a religious painting charicature.
And why choosing Katherine for the cover?? :ninja:. I still trust Stefano's flair so maybe the contents will surprise us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->