W Magazine in the 90s

MulletProof

Reaction score
As one of the most influential American fashion magazines to this day, the amount of memorable imagery they created in the 1990s well deserves its own space and a room for discussion. :heart:

Part I.

HIGH CAMP
November 1997
Photographed by Bruce Weber
Fashion Editor: Michel Botbol
Hair & Makeup by Dick Page for Jedroot
Models: Kate Moss/Women, Lucie de la Falaise/Elite, Marianne Faithfull, François Ravard, Stella McCartney & Ella.
Scanned by mulletproof.

Part IV.

[scanned by mulletproof]

[note: my apologies for the quality.. not only I lack decent scanning skills but the size of this nearly gave me nightmares :ninja:]

Last edited by a moderator:
mullet..there are no words to describe how well you've done here..you've truly outdone yourself. :woot: thank you so so so much..it's beautiful and i really appreciate all the time you put into this..:heart: at least they were beautiful nightmares, no?...^_^

What a gorgeous, playful editorial...thanks so much Mullet :heart: The July 2008 editorial is reminiscent of this one...but it also has a Newtonian element - I guess it's Lara who introduces that, as she epitomizes the Newton woman. And the 1997 is more relaxed...with Stella McCartney bringing a rather ordinary look to the table...Marianne looks amazing...

i luuuuvvvv you MP ...
thanks soo much ...
there are a lot i hadn't seen before !!!

now waiting for ASF part, right ?

yup, that's all there is, berlin. glad you guys liked it. :heart:

SUBURBAN OUTFITTERS
July 1998
Photographed by Mario Sorrenti
Styled by Joe McKenna
Hair by Recine
Makeup by Diane Kendall for Aveda
Model: Kirsten Owen at Next
Scanned by MulletProof.

I have some editorials,they are wonderful,but i unfortunately don't have alot of info on them.I wasn't keeping such info when i was scanning back then:unsure:May i post them anyway?

Yes, you scanned them and you know that it's 90s W - that's good enough :flower: Would love to see more.

yup, that's all there is, berlin. glad you guys liked it. :heart:

SUBURBAN OUTFITTERS
July 1998
Photographed by Mario Sorrenti
Styled by Joe McKenna
Hair by Recine
Makeup by Diane Kendall for Aveda
Model: Kirsten Owen at Next
Scanned by MulletProof.

in 2050, if s.o asks me to present 10 things of the 90s Fashion ... I think I'll show this editorial !!!!!
I'm not saying all the 90s are here ... but to be honest ... it is the 90s !

:heart::heart:

THANKS MP...
luv you ...

Great idea!

Does anyone know if I&V did stuff for W in the 90s?

That Suburban Outfitters editorial is marvelous! :woot: I'm not familiar at all with American magazines from the 90s era, so I'm more than happy about this thread.. I'm really looking forward to other people's contributions. This is mine...

W September 1997
Lost Angels
Photographed by Philip Lorca di Corcia
Models: Kirsten McMenamy, Erin O'Connor and.. ?

Source: Leslie Simitch Limited

W September 1998
Grand Illusions
Photographed by Philip Lorca di Corcia

Source: Leslie Simitch Limited

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->