W Magazine in the 90s

W September 1999
A Perfect World
Photographed by Philip Lorca di Corcia

Source: Leslie Simitch Limited

Those are all wonderful I mean seriously some of the best editorials I've ever seen!

Stella Tennant

scanned by me

I love W. It's such a great magazine and has been consistently great for many, many years.

Brandi Quinones
"Southern Comfort" W Magazine(1993).

scanned by Omifan

HIGH CAMP
November 1997
Photographed by Bruce Weber
Fashion Editor: Michel Botbol
Hair & Makeup by Dick Page for Jedroot
Models: Kate Moss/Women, Lucie de la Falaise/Elite, Marianne Faithfull, François Ravard, Stella McCartney & Ella.
Scanned by mulletproof.

Please Do Not Quote Images. See tFS Community Rules.
OMG! isn't it too similar from W's july editorial "summer camp" well in this one the glamour is evident.
don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
^that's pretty much because of the similarities btw the July 2008 editorial and this one that "one" had the idea of creating this thread ...
well i'm not sure. but "one" talked about this editorial when "one" saw the July 2008's editorial ...

^that's pretty much because of the similarities btw the July 2008 editorial and this one that "one" had the idea of creating this thread ...
well i'm not sure. but "one" talked about this editorial when "one" saw the July 2008's editorial ...
I mean, hi first at all mr berlin roks.
first at at all i wanna say thanks for your VOGUE PARIS exquisiste archive.
second at all I saw the W's july cover 'cause i receive W in my house.
I'd like to say that the 97 editorial is too much better than the july 2008 editorial.
Why?
here the girls look so dreamy and glamorous, I mean you want to be there, but in nowadays version i feel pretty scared due to the gay schemes involved such as the s&m pics (not showed as S&M but the message is clear and the pic whit Lara Stone and The muscle rabbit... creepie!
I mean W today is loosing its way.
Mr Berlin Rocks. did u see september W?
i mean kate hudson looks like an airbrushed drag queen.
Did u remeber the good covers on W with true models like Carolyn Murphy or Karen Elson.
I do like the vintage W editoriasl because they're like art, but nowadays ones are so... trashy. I mean the only ones who worth the buy of this mag are the Inez+Vinoodh ones and the Mert+Marcus not celebrity ones.
i hope not o sound like "oh the july 2008 was better" 'cause i do not want to say that.

To bad this thread died:(
Reviving it!
I love this editorial!I think it accomplished what it set out to portray perfectly.i loove shot 8 and 9.
One of the models is Amy Lemmons,don't know the rest.
From W,january 1999

Art+commerce

Carter Smith.Sorry i though i wrote that:doh:

Magazine: W - April 1995
Title: China Syndrome
Photographer: Satoshi Saikusa
Model: Chandra North

scanned by philA via pipoca

I adore this thread. W magazine in the 90s was such an inspiration to me. I loved one ed - I remember it's name "Maiden China" but not who photographed it. Thank you for all the scans in this thread very much xxx

How big are these VINTAGE W's!? Are they of same size as the modern day ones!?

How big are these VINTAGE W's!? Are they of same size as the modern day ones!?

According to fashion-iconography.net, there was a slight change in size between the july and august issues of 97.

W0797_00.jpg
W0897_00.jpg

Ah,thanks for correcting me.

^wow... so W was even bigger in the 90's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->