What are you doing to your hair next?

Yesterday I got 8 inches cut of my hair! Wahhhhhh. So what amI doing to my hair next? Growing it out!!

i have been dying my hair darker than its natural hair colour for about 7 years now.

recently, i decided to go slightly lighter within two shades of my natural brown with blonde highlights.

last week at the salon, we did two rounds of a bleaching shampoo and a bit of darker dye at the roots.

last night, i returned and we did the highlights.

it is VERY difficult to go lighter and not have it be brassy. it is slightly reddish - but i can live with that for now.

in the future id like to keep adding the highlights. its going to cut the brassiness.

next i want to buy a hair curler and maybe some hot rollers. i need to start experimenting for some important events i have coming up. unfortunately, i have no idea what to buy. i am so adverse to heat styling, i only do it maybe 3 times a year. i dont even use my hair dryer!

Last edited by a moderator:
My mustache is getting awesome. My acne medication bleaches it though, so it's a bit difficult to see at times, but it's growing quite nicely.

I went to just trim my hair but I impulsively decided to get it cut into a bob. Also I'm trying out the RenPure Organics keratin treatment.

Just killed my mustache. It was fun while it lasted, but it was time for it to go.
Posted via Mobile Device

Okay, so I'm hoping for suggestions/advice as to what I should do to my hair. I have an appointment next week at the salon and I really want a change. My hair color is a redish blond, really long and pretty straight, and I have a sort of round face. I've had blunt bangs before and I didn't like them and also, I'm really not keen on dying my hair (yes I'm vain about it... you can't get this color from a bottle!). I'd be okay with putting in a few streaks of color, like pastels, but otherwise no hair dye. I really love pixie cuts (loved Emma Watson's short hairstyle) but it wouldn't suit my face, would it? So what should I do? :flower:

^ Don't colour it!

As for cut I'm not sure... you should ask your hairdresser as they will know what is most flattering on you.

Or (and this is what I tend to do) google images of celebrities with a similar face shape to yours and find what you like best - it might work for you too!

^I second that.. stay away from the colour.

I just had mine re-dyed. So no major change there. Though I feel like getting blunt fringes. Though I'm sure it's gonna be a major hassle during summer, so I'll probably wait until autumn.
I wonder if I've changed my mind by then :ninja::innocent:

Thanks Tinetush and Party Vixen! :flower: I think I'm going to try your suggestion and google some images of celebrities for inspiration. Hopefully I find a look I like! ^_^

I love to change. And to dye my hair with crazy colours, that allows you to change it often. But since I realised I've never had it long and crazy coloured, I'm letting it grow to dye it and start shoveling colours. But I'm a year to go on the growing and already bored to death- So I could make a bang, and try to feel different for a while. I tried hairdos, but it's gotten long and it takes quite a while.

I'd love to have somthing like this...

(style.it via Milou's thread)

but black (my adopted haircolor:heart:, can't think of abandoning it). But I'm kind of on the edge because my face is very kind of box-shaped and full and my neck is not slender or delicate and I always have hair on my shoulders to conceal it.

I ended up getting soft layers because I decided I didn't want have shorter hair for the summer. I like being able to wear it up or down in the summer. But my hairstylist and I have decided to play around with my hair when it gets to fall, I'm probably going to get a shorter hair cut, but do it in stages instead of chopping it all off at once.

^ That's a good idea to do it gradually.

And soft layers sounds nice for summer. I'm currently growing out my hair (for the 10 millionth time :judge:) and plan on having layers cut back in once it gets to the right length.

So I was dumb enough a few months ago to dye my natural dark blonde hair almost black. I went to the hairdresser and although I first thought of getting it bleached, I knew the roots would be way blonde compared to the rest of my hair.
So i opted for a color removal treatment instead. Here's the result (excuse the sad face, I'm bad at posing:(
hair.jpg

It's sort of like a coppery brown and way lighter than before. I'm planning to gradually add highlights so when the roots grow out the rest of the hair would be roughly the same color.

I haven't had a haircut for 10 months or so :ninja: So, I am getting a haircut. Nothing adventurous, just some layers.

^ You have beautiful hair!
Mine was becoming quite ratty though, and heavy as it grows so fast... So, yeah, I had a haircut last week and am very happy.
Now I'm planning to dye it, probably my usual colour, maybe a bit lighter...

:heart::heart::heart:
When the next year starts, I'm going full on pastel mayhem. And I will try to keep it that way as long as it stands it, after that, the big chop! :woot:

getting a trim tomorrow, more face framing layers and soften the bottom - less one length/blunt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->