What are your dancing heels?

Yasmin

Reaction score
Wherever you go to dance, be it a club, house party, etc., what shoes do you wear? This is when you have the intention of DANCING, not sitting around looking pretty in painful shoes!

I am sure most women are familiar with the dilemma:

Since you're dressed up for the occasion, style is important! But, since you'll be on your feet all night, and you don't want to spend all night thinking about them, comfort is important too! And, for the sake of my purpose here, let's say that you've decided flats are not an option (I just don't feel as dressy in flats, a personal preference).

I find that most women go with great looking heels, but they are sitting in a corner well before the night is over...and often walking home in bare feet on dirty pavement!!

So, do you have a special pair of shoes you use for these occasions, or a particular type of shoe? Post pics if possible, please! :flower:

My preferred dancing shoes (actually, I'd say they are my preferred shoes in general) are kitten heels, which are comfortable and elegant at the same time. High heels are overrated! :wink:

I don't have any photographs of my actual shoes for reference, but any shoe website (Zappos, Shoes.com, etc.) should have a large selection of shoes with 1.5-2" heels. Good luck in your search for a pair!

Also, you might consider looking at heels with straps so that you don't fall out while dancing. I've never had this happen myself, but it's best to be on the safe side.

Last edited by a moderator:
height isnt really a factor with me it depends on whether the shoe pinches or rubs my feet at all i have some flat shoes that are a real pain because they rub really badly. i have some amazing platfrom peep toe wedges that are atleast 5 inches in height i never get that burning sensation with them but i have to make sure i put plasters on my toes where they get rubbed when they stick out of the peep toe otherwise they would be perfect shoes for dancing all night.

Anything with a platform. These from Topshop are pretty tall, but very comfortable

attachment.php
attachment.php

my pics

boots are my preferred dance shoe...high or flat..either or....
lots of ankle support and little chance of one flying across the room if i get really wild...
plus boots are really cool and sexy...B)

:P

I don't have any photographs of my actual shoes for reference...

Just came across a photograph of the shoes I had in mind while writing that post - now that I take a second look, I can safely say they're not kitten heels! Still, with a 2.5" heel, they're much shorter than most heels out there. And they're great for the dance floor, so it doesn't really make much difference anyway.

target.com

I agree with plumaffair. Strappy shoes are the way to go :P
I have these in black and they've served me well :winkiss:

ebay

i own several pairs of miu miu maryjanes fro ss07 and those are among my fav. dancing shoes. the heel is pretty high but there's the hidden platform that helps a lot and they're extremely comfortable.

anyway, in general, i'd go with ankle strap/maryjanes cause the straps make sure they wont slip - might sound stupid but i need to know that whatever i'd be doing they wont come off of my feet :smile:

also, i've got a pair of black patent decollettes from zara, the heel might be around 3.5/4 inches and they're a couple years old (if not more?) and they're the most comfortable shoes i've ever owned, i can dance and walk in them for HOURS. i wish i could find something as comfortable again:(

I will add my voice to the joy of a wedge or platform, as it stops the heels being too high. Also, a rubber soled heel is good because you at least have some grip. If I'm honest though, being a dj I spend an awful lot of time trying to dance in heels, and I always end up chucking them off and putting on my threadbare trainers. You can't really really dance in heels unless you're bloody good.

I like fool-proof shoes, like ankle boots or sandals. I'm sometimes that girl you see in bar wearing birkenstocks :lol:..
2qcfg42.jpg

zappos

Sometimes, though, when I'm feeling daring & wear high platform wedges, the alcohol makes it to where I can't feel the pain. :doh:

I usually wear this one pair of strappy sandals from Nine West.

I like fool-proof shoes, like ankle boots or sandals. I'm sometimes that girl you see in bar wearing birkenstocks :lol:..

Sometimes, though, when I'm feeling daring & wear high platform wedges, the alcohol makes it to where I can't feel the pain. :doh:

:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HigthaVandah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->