What is Your Favorite Restaurant in Your City?

You picked lots of great places, I especially second Aquagrill and La Lanterna. That cafe covers all seasons.

Out of the sweet treats places, I would add Magnolia Bakery and Cones on Bleecker.

My votes also go to:

Yama on Houston and Tomoe Sushi for fresh, affordable sushi with no frills decor. Haru or Blue Ribbon for pricier and Nobu takes all.

Pepe Rosso on Sullivan for quick, yummy Italian (southern). For fancier Italian (northern), Serafina on 60th or on Lafayette is a realiable place to take friends from out of town who want a bit of a "scene" and their food is good

Kin Khao on Spring for great Thai food and ginger-infused vodka

Pearl Oyster Bar for a lobster roll and a pint

Home, Kitchenette, or Bubby's for brunch

Tapas Lounge for good tapas, setting, and dancing or music while you eat, great date place

I"m in New Orleans. If any of you come here, These are a few of my favorites.
Martinique- (French Caribbean)Magazine street.
You must order the Crab salad with strawberry,Candied pecan, Goat cheese on Arugula with a strawberry balsamic reduction as an appetizer.
The blackberry lacquered duck with port sauce as an entree.
I would also recommend the lemon pound cake with apricot coulis and House made vanilla ice cream for desert.
Its like eating perfume!!!
Nirvana
, Magazine street
Order anything. I have never had anything that wasn't orgasmic!
Please you, St. Charles
The best cheeseburgers in New Orleans!! The decor is trashy time warped and the staff are all toothless. VERY GLAMOROUS!
Trauts
in Kenner for Oysters & Fried chicken. Very Homespun Creole.
Cafe Au Lait on Chartres for BLT's with avocado & a mocha Mississippi!!
Kungs Dynasty on . Charles for Chinese.
Order Kung"s chicken extra spicy. DELICIOUS!!
Dante's Kitchen off Carrolton
Nouveau Creole Comfort food. A little overpriced, But the food is very yummy.
I would love to have some dining suggestions for New Orleans from people. The choices here can sometimes be OVERWHELMING!

May I add to my love of Wolf's deli? BEST mazoh ball soup EVER. Better than Ben's. Better than Katz's. So damn good!

la saliere (monaco) best italian, go for the antipasti
rampoldi (monaco) best ravioli with white truffle sauce
i garga (florence) veal milanese with avocado sauce: yummy
capocaccia (florence) best place for sandwiches and party
bilboquet (manhattan) nice food, makes me feel like home
tomo sushi (dowtown manhattan) best sushi EVER... and i mean it
avenue (paris) newest costes restaurant and gallianos hang out, live dj
toastissimo (paris, rue marignan) best toasted sanwiches, bresaola/parmigiano

keep me posted when you get a chance to eat in one of'em... :wink:

Le Pravdathe new russian food trend is hitting Paris, this one is at 19, rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud at the 11th tel 01 4806 19 76

if you are still in town, give it a try leyla m.
Paulina, you have to visit this one, its cosy and the food is great

I also love the oldest, traditional fish restaurant at place de Clichy, the one that sounds like "weiser" or something like that, great fish food and old fashioned french service (the profiterolles are fresh and crispy)

ok i'll try it out. sometime before this weekend... cause my schedule is full...
what would you recommend to eat there?

glad to know you might make it there layla :D

the piroskis are great, and some kind of mashed vegetables i tried (ocra??) was super as well... its supposed to be the new "in" place for fashion people in incognito, looks plain and tastes great :wub:

another great address for fishfood is La/Le Marine its near Republic (11th or 10th) just at the road next to the Canal st Martin (maybe try this through minitel or yellow pages) this is more "stylish", atmospheric and also cozy

:wub: :wub: they had creme de la potiron (a big favourite)soup , hot chevres in pastry with salad plus profitelores :wub:

Schwartz's Delicatessen @ 3895 blvd. St-Laurent Phone: 514 842-4813

There's always a line that runs outside and down the block, Schwartz's smoked meat is a legendary stop. The portions are generous, and the rye bread is the perfect companion to the smoked meat with a little bit of mustard. Bring cash and be prepared for some good food.

L'Express @ 3927 rue St-Denis Phone: 514 845-5333

This is the "it" French Bistro that has lots of goodies, from people watching, the restaurant is full of people, making waiting for your date much more bearable. The food is delicous, staples such as steak & fries or fresh salmon makes it easy to choose entrees of your liking. Wine selection is excellent and the service is adequate, but due to the timing, which seems to be all the time, this place is always packed and hopping, so sometimes it's not as attentive as you would like it to be.

Meilongzhen
1081 Nanjing Xi Lu Phone: 021 6256-6688 or 021 6256-2718

I would highly recommend Melongzhen...and not too far from the Four Season's Hotel, Meilongzhen is one of Shanghai's legendary restaurants, and the decor though worn from time is strictly traditional Chinese. You should find their signature Sichuan duck dish as delicious as there other traditonal fares. The highlight of the evening besides the food, is the long 3-4 feet spout from the tea pot that requires intense training to pour hot tea into your cup, and a precise body manuevering. It's so much fun to watch!

San Francisco Bay Area

Slanted Door Vietnamese fusion. Yummy cubed filet mignon!

The Slow Club Misleading name, it's actually a restaurant/bar. Good ambiance, good food, great cocktails.

Citizen cake Cake! Yum! I've never had the food-food there, but friends say it's a good place to go for lunch — wood-fired pizza. Try the After Midnight cake :wub:. On 14th Street.

Lulu's family-style Latin food. If you eat meat, Friday for dinner offers roast pork that's super-yummy. Great wine list too. South of Market.

Butler and the Chef Yummy french sandwiches, great lunch crepes, great espresso. In South Park.

Pakwan Pakistani food. Mission district.

Truly Mediterranean Total dive. No seats, it's order and run. The BEST medittereanean salad plates. Mission district.

Hamano Sushi in Noe Valley. Order Nigiri not the rolls.

Hmmmm... I'm sure I'll think of others later.

Fillet of SOLE! I love that place... and North 44.. very expensive but SO NICE!

Another medittereanean place: Pomegranate on Univerity Ave. in Berkeley. Yummy!

5th Floor Harvey Nichols- the restaurant is ok, the people are a bit stuck up though......but i love their chips with ale ole (i think thats how its spelt ) i've never been able to find it anywhere in the world other than there and Portugal hmmmmmm :P they also do good salads

This new Neo-Latin place called En Feugo. It's dark, the whole waitstaff wears black, and they play reggae. Excellent beer selection as well.

more toronto places!

theres a fairly new italian resturant in bayview village ---oliver&bonacini cafe and grills--- thats pretty good...very nice place :wub:

and

a few steps down from Café Nervosa in yorkville that sweethoneypie mentioned...theres a japanese place called sushi inn...very inexpensive japanese food...its becoming my new fav lunch place! :D

:lol: i swear FSPOT dines out every night!
Paris even knows the telephone numbers of her faves 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdaddy123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->