What Skin Care / Treatment Did You Buy Today? #2

I picked up a few more things from the Ordinary.

Natural moisturizing factors + HA
Glycolic acid 7% toning solution
Caffeine solution 5% (going by Jinadazes positive reviews I think this product would be great for a relative of mine)
Retinol 1% solution

I tried the retinol cream and I must have rubbed my eyes at one point during the nigth because I somehow got it in my undereye area and now I have to hold something cold to my eyes or they sting:neutral::ninja:

Encouraged by all the positive reviews I read here, I ordered a few things from The Ordinary and started using them last week. I don't have an acne problem that most would characterize as problematic, but I do have an oily forehead and nose and the occasional pimple after a cheat day is inevitable. So I did quite a lot of research and got:

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
High-Adherence Silicone Primer
Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
Argireline Solution 10%

I honestly went into this not expecting magic but that is literally what I got after less than a week. I use the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% in the morning under my Eucerin moisturizer and the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 at night under my Avene TriAcnéal Expert. Argireline Solution goes on a few annoying fine lines and the Caffeine Solution under my eyes morning and evening. I apply the primer after moisturizing in the morning before I use a bit of concealer.

After eating an enormous amount of food and sugar for Easter, my skin looks like it does on its best days. The Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% seems to prevent any inflammation and I have to say that I'm extremely satisfied with the primer because it keeps me almost oil-free throughout the day. Also the Hyaluronic Acid does a great job at moisturizing - the trick is to apply it on damp skin and immediately lock it with moisturizer. Caffeine Solution seems to be working well too (I believe it's too early for drastic differences though) and the Argireline Solution has already filled out two shallow horizontal lines on my nose that annoyed the hell out of me! :lol:

All in all, color me impressed. I seriously did not expect to get these results from a 30 euro purchase.

Joining the craze! I ordered a couple of products from The Ordinary this morning, after reading so many positive reviews online:

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Advanced Retinoid 2%
100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil

rdn-argireline-solution-10pct-30ml.png

theordinary

Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen
SUNDAY RILEY Good Genes Al-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment
Darphin 8-Flower Nectar Essential Oil
Darphin HYDRASKIN Light Gel Cream

SUNDAY RILEY Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil
Caudalíe Beauty Elixir
Murad Rapid Age Spot And Pigment Lightening Serum
Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment

3lab, expensive (to me at least), but clean and light.

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap
Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam

Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme mask
Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel mask
Drunk Elephant Protini cream

I decided to try a few new brands recently. The products I have bought are:

Sunday Riley - Juno Oil
Sunday Riley - Luna Oil
Drunk Elephant - Virgin Marula Oil
Drunk Elephant - T.L.C. Framboos
Tata Harper - Resurfacing Mask
Tata Harper - Regenerating Cleanser

I bought these products lately :

* Sanoflore - Velouté d'éveil hydratant Rosa Angelica
* Melvita - Lait démaquillant Nectar de Roses
* Melvita - Voile hydratant corps Nectar de Roses
* B com Bio Sérum hydratant

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater
Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask

Biossance - Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel
Drunk Elephant - Protini Polypeptide Cream

Farmacy - Green Clean Meltaway Cleansing Balm
Farmacy - Gentle Bee Cleanser
Farmacy - Honeymoon Glow Resurfacing Night Serum

I bought the Jet Lag Mask by Summer Fridays. Can't wait to see if the hype's worth it.

* Disciple Discovery Set including a Good Skin Day Oil and a Dreamy Skin Night Oil
* The Ordinary - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
* The Ordinary - Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

2 cans of ice-cold Coca-Cola, placed over my eyes in the AM, per the advice of a Mr. Tom Ford.

Reactions: KoV

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muggins1265
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"