What To Wear On An Airplane

LUMANAcom

Reaction score
When I see celebrity candids at airports I notice how stylish they look, even after a couple hours (1-5 hours) in the air!

What do you wear when you fly to a cool fashion destination (New York City, LA, Milan, Paris, London)?

Do you do make-up or not?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

well , stick to one color....i go with black.

black pants w/ colorful flats , a t shirt is comfortable. just wear a good jacket ( always)
and bring jewelery and suglasses for your destination.

as for make up...wear a litte, but just bring a good moisturizer / concealer/balm, gloss and curl lashes.....so just keep your face clean and hydratedon the flight, then after a little concealer and gloss ( stick with sunglasses ) and bring some hair barette/ or elesctics.

Anything comfortable and easy to move in as one does plenty of walking during layover's...

Also,it is indeed obligatory to carry a jacket or coat. Depending on where you go,weather can be terribly unpredictable. Found that one out in -5C,wearing just a thin cotton blouson. Brrr!

Even if I'm going to a stylish destination I'll dress pretty casually for the plane ride (comfort is key for plane rides)...then change when I get to the hotel after freshening up with a hot shower. Tomorrow I'm flying to Toronto (not the most stylish destination, but oh well) and I'll be wearing:

Black Prada Sport jacket
Dries Van Noten sweater
White button down shirt
A pair of Levi's jeans
and my black boots from HLang.

jeans, Uggs and cashmere cashmere cashmere! Comfort is key when flying. :smile:

Jeans, shoes that are easy to remove, and several top layers that will look good with cracker crumbs. :lol:

Here are some celebrity looks at the airport!

Here are some celebrity looks at the airport!
watermark.php
KAte Moss at the airport 11/9/04
watermark.php
Cameron Diaz 11/24/04

Jeans, flats/sneakers (anything comfortable), soft clothing, Jacket (depending where I'm going) I hate wearing alot of makeup on a plane ride. I go with the minimal.

I get quite dressed up for the plane. I can't stand the ugg boots and shorts I see some peopl wearing. it also depends on where you are sitting eg. if im in business class I will get more dressed up. Also it always gets so cold on the plane! So i normally wear a nice pair of pants, or stockings and a skirt. the key is a stylish trench coat for walking off the plane! Ever so chic.

I agree with everyone, comfort is KEY.

If you're lucky enough to be able to get into the President's Club you can take hot showers, have your clothes pressed, and also blowdry your hair. :-)

Last flight I took I wore a chiffon black mini dress with colorful fiesta colored polka dots, black kitten heels, and oversized sunglasses and carried around my vintage Gucci bag and a hot pink clutch (it matched my dress)

It's the most dressed up I have ever been for flying, but I was on my way to my own wedding, I had to look fabulous, HAHA!

If I am traveling international I pack what I want to wear on my carry-on and wear comfy sweats or cargos, lots of layers (incase I get cold or hot) and my slippers on the plane. Usually no make-up (can't be bothered seeing as how I will be sleeping the whole time)

But as soon as the plane lands I make my "transformation" HAHA.

beaverhausen said:
jeans, Uggs and cashmere cashmere cashmere! Comfort is key when flying. :smile:
a cashmere juicy track suit with uggs!

or this glorious l.a.m.b. :
LAMB104-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I go for comfy too, but NEVER sweats, I never wear sweats outside the house. I usually wear loose-ish jeans if it's a flight i plan to sleep on, or i secretly undo a button...
As far as makeup goes, I wear make up on the plane (but NOT mascara, dries the eyes,) and if the flight is more than three hours, I bring face wipes and a small makeup bag to touch up in the bathroom towards the end of the flight. But if you have a tube of something, make sure to turn it upside down and push out as much air as possible before the flight, otherwise what's inside could leak out from the difference in air pressure.
Have a good flight!:D

I had a 9 hour flight (which ended up being the flight from hell :doh:) last thursday and I wore comfy jeans, a cashmere sweatshirt, and comfy trainers. I always have a scarf as well to wrap around me, and my coat. simple and comfy. I don't really wear makeup either, just a little concealer under my eyes.
though, when I fly back in january, my new bf will be meeting me at the airport...and I'm feeling a bit more inclined to make an extra effort.:P

When it comes to long flights, I always go for comfort, although how I look is also very important, since I usually haven't slept for two days when I travel and I'm really cranky, at least I can have a decent appearance before I bite the flight attendants head off.

I'll usually wear a pair of Citizens jeans (I find them more comfortable and better fitting than Sevens) and I'll layer just in case. I'll usually wear something thin underneath and then a sweater or jacket over it. I usually wear kitten heels or sandals (by sandals, I mean backless heels, NOT my Docs) -- the key is slip on. They look easier and more casual but can still be chic. Of course, I always carry around either a Kate Spade or Prada babybag - whichever one matches my outfit - to package my stuff into (I always bring around my CD player and iPod). I always bring an Evian water spritzer for rehydration, a small makeup bag, and small simple purse (I find my Pradas do best) to fit my cell phone into. Of course, I've been doing this dance since God knows when, so comfort really isn't a factor for me - I've learned to find comfort in these things, lol. Nothing's really uncomfortable besides perhaps looking fugly, bad makeup, or 6-inch Dior heels...but then again, who really cares? You're usually the only one in the plane besides whoever else may be accompanying you or the captain of whom you probably already are acquainted with.

I would never wear amnything sportswear or anything too casual, i would also not wear anything which would crease easily. I would take into account what the weather is like in the fineal destination. I normally wear very little make up then touch up prior to landing. SOme departure lounges have dress codes, eg. first class lounge which is also something to consider. When flying I try not to look like i about to embark on a cheap package holiday in alicante. I do try to keep some class.

politesociety- the only one on the plane? a lot of us don't fly private... for me it's usually Delta out of Gulfport or Jetblue out of New Orleans.... I wear jeans and a polo with some cute shoes and a cute bag- comfy and cute

Long flights (think the 10 hour one I took a month ago *shudders* lol) - everyone always looks tired after them.

Whats the point in spending hours grooming yourself if, at the end of it, your eyes will be puffy, all your makeup will be streaked and your clothes all crinkled?

I just wear what I feel like on the day :smile:

I do a lot of long haul flying - many of my business trips are 24 hours plus (door to door). I always wear Juicy on the plane - with a singlet underneath. Planes are either freezing cold or roasting - you need to be prepared for either. I went to NY last week and wore a purple Juicy suit, a purple/pink vintage mohair cape and beige uggs. It doesn't have to look scruffy - wear a bit of trendy jewellery with it and it can look nice.

I've been doing these trips for along time, so I'm quite organised, now.

I find it really hard to sleep in jeans or formal wear - its too restricting - the waistband can feel so uncomfortable when you are trying to sleep and creases terribly. I would never wear make up on a long haul flight - it wrecks your skin. - I always take with me on the flight a blow-up neck pillow, earplugs and an eye mask, also lip balm - a really good moisturiser, wet wipes, and hand cream. I sometimes braid my hair before I fly as the dryness in the cabin tends to make for a hair horror. If you can wash your hair just before you fly that helps too. I usually have tinted brows and lashes, so I can get away with no make up.

Years ago I remember flying back from Hong Kong to London, there was a lady opposite me who was wearing a Versace pencil skirt and very high heels - she looked fab, but so uncomfortable. No one cares what you look like when you fly - save the impressions for when you arrive. You can always change before you leave the airport if you must.

What I really don't like to see is people coming back from vacation (a hot place) to their home country (freezing cold) still wearing their shorts /sandals /sombrero - yes we know you've been away! Aren't you cold?

It looks so trashy :sick:

and Tiamaria - I'm yet to visit a lounge which has a dress code -where is that? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->