What to Wear to a Wedding (Your Own & As a Guest)

I don't have a picture of the wedding gown as it belongs to the new collection and she hasn't done a shoot yet. I can't share the pictures she took of me etc but she sent me a copy of the bridesmaids dresses and the reception gown. The wedding gown is actually a modified (and much much more gorgeous) version of this dress. It is going to be altered a lot (cap sleeves still but different material and we will add some sparkles either diamonds/swaroski crystal or pearls), the will also modify the front/upper part of the bodice, the silhouette is still exactly the same and there are those layers albeit in a different fabric. Oh and I will also have a veil which is 3/4 to a 1/2 embroided. The juxtaposition of the veil and the train is absolutely gorgeous :heart:. I am in love with my dress :blush:
Credit: Phillipa Lepley

The bridesmaid dress will be altered - we are thinking of adding of a red stash during the day & crystal belt for the evening, we might also shorten the ties - it all depends on how the dress actually look on the girls as it is already ! The colour will be a rich cobalt/royal blue.

We will not be altering the wedding reception gown too much as it really looked amazing as it was. We will probably just shorten the train and have a bit of fun with the lining (I want to at least add our moto + wedding date + initials :smile:)Oh and I won't be wearing the cover up of course :smile:

The jewellery stay the same and I might add a bracelet for the evening, we will see.

Since all the dress are custom made, I have free reign on fabric and colors. I am leaning toward an off white for now (cream and the like looked positively horrendous with my skin tone :shock:)

I am completely lost for the shoes, especially for the bridesmaids as I don't think the Choo will work, still trying to find something off the rack. I just want them red, not too high, very simple, clean lines, elegant and practical. I realised too much embroideries might just look unfortunate and get stuck in fabric. We never know ! I want something simpler and cleaner for them.
My shoes will be custom made no idea what to go for except that they must be crimson red color. First appointment on the 6th with the designer - uber excited ^_^ She said the process should take at least 6 months for each pair though :shock:

/ end of my rambling, I am just so happy I can't help it :lol:

Gorgeous dress already in the pic, curious for the end result, sounds awesome and happy your in love with your dress as it should be!
I like the bridesmaid dress very much, very elegant. Why the color red? Some special meaning?
The wedding reception dress looks indeed amazing, regal! You've got great taste!

I have to say I love my Jimmy Choo vamp sandals, mine are in nude but a red version would be gorgeous, but they don't sell a red version at the moment unfortenately.

I love it that you're feeling so happy in this whole process of preparing for your wedding. Enjoy it to the max! :flower:

All of that sounds so lovely, Eva, and you do sound happy! I'm so excited for you ^_^

I have to say I love my Jimmy Choo vamp sandals, mine are in nude but a red version would be gorgeous, but they don't sell a red version at the moment unfortenately.

i have thought about getting the vamp sandals as well except in silver. how are they for walking around? i'm afraid i will fall over while walking in them.

I dropped the bridesmaid dress idea - way too much hassle as the dress reveals every curves and some were uncomfortable. Looking for off the rack dresses.

I had a meeting with my bespoke shoe designer and I was in heaven. I am not even going to bother with high street now that I found her. I ordered 3 different shoes: bright glossy red snakeskin for the wedding dress, blue and white lizard sandals for the reception and turquoise lamb leather and stingrain to go with the canari/bright yellow after party dress.

On the side I ordered 2 pairs of sandals for the honeymoon and one pair of boots just to have something more casual.

If you have 6-9 months for a pair of shoes and have a budget of around 1,800£ I couldn't recommend her enough. Silvia Campbell is amazing.

Wow, very exotic! I like it. Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to see pics.

I'm getting married in one month, one week and one day and guess what...I still don't know what to wear to my own wedding :hardhead:
I thought two months is plenty of time to find an outfit but it's getting out of control fast. Either things I like are too expensive or my size is sold out. So stressful atm :doh:

What kind of dresses are you looking for? Any preference in term of colours, shape, length?

Maybe we can help :D

Don't stress too much, he will probably not care as long as you say yes and meets him at the end of the altar :wink:

*hugs*

I'm so unsure of what headwear to wear to my wedding. My dress is a tulle straight cut strapless. It has some minor beading around the waist. I have a veil which is plain... but I think it looks odd with my now bob length hair (I had to cut it due to severe bleach damage). Should I go with a veil and work out the hair, go headwear free or maybe opt for different headwear?

Laces, just try everything and anything on (except the stuff out of your price range). If something is a little too big you can always get it taken in. You'll find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting married this summer.

I bought my dress shortly after we got engaged, and now I need to find the shoes soon.

Do you guys think black shoes looks odd for a wedding dress?

^No, I don't think so, it has to feel right for you. It's all about the combination and it also can look fashion forward. Follow your own feeling. :flower:

^No, I don't think so, it has to feel right for you. It's all about the combination and it also can look fashion forward. Follow your own feeling. :flower:

Thank you for re-assuring me. That is how I have been feeling as well, but it is just a very untraditional choice, especially for a summer wedding, so I have been feeling a bit funny about it.

I think it depends on the shoes. But in general I would say it´s okay to wear black shoes to a white(?) wedding dress.

Maybe you'll start a new 'something black' tradition :wink: I think black shoes would be fine, but probably a good idea to pick up the black somewhere else, like in your bouquet, earrings, hair ornament, ribbon, etc. (Btw, I never could get in to your Pinterest board ... must've tried at least 20 times ...)

Maybe you'll start a new 'something black' tradition :wink: I think black shoes would be fine, but probably a good idea to pick up the black somewhere else, like in your bouquet, earrings, hair ornament, ribbon, etc. (Btw, I never could get in to your Pinterest board ... must've tried at least 20 times ...)

:lol: well, I guess I would be the right person! Good idea. I still would like nude shoes for THE shoes, but for the 2nd pair of shoes (lower heel, for when my feet get tired), I have fallen in love with a black pair - but I think it will be fine. And they do go quite well with the intended 2nd dress, if I am to be wearing that.

I will try inviting you again - otherwise I will have to keep you updated 10000 times a day on a screenshot basis :wink:

I think adding something else black to go with your shoes would be a good idea as well. I feel that when you wear black shoes with a light dress, the eye is pulled towards the black. So when you wear black shoes, too much attention is at the lower part of the body, creating an inbalanced look. It makes the lower half visually "heavy". Something black on the upper half of the body could create a a balanced look. This also explains why I think strappy shoes look better than pumps with long dresses. Or the skirt area could look too "heavy".

I realize that I should probably be admitted to a mental institution, but that is my take on it. Also, mondays and the number 6 are blue, and wednesday and the number 13 are orange.

^I totally get what you mean! The shoes I have in mind are the Dune Sandals for the 2nd shoes, and since they are, well, sandals, I am not that worried, since they are less "massive".

And I know how you're feeling - I firmly believe that the audio level should always be an equal number or at least end in 0 or 5 B)

^I totally get what you mean! The shoes I have in mind are the Dune Sandals for the 2nd shoes, and since they are, well, sandals, I am not that worried, since they are less "massive".

And I know how you're feeling - I firmly believe that the audio level should always be an equal number or at least end in 0 or 5 B)

Hearing this is very good for my sanity! I do this as well:innocent:

The sandals sound like a good choice:flower: Definitely not massive:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->