When and how do you decide what to wear?

Unless it is a particular occasion, where I have several ideas/choices in my mind, I usually decide when I am in the shower. Then I make a coffee & start getting things out before making final decision. However, sometimes I obsessively feel I NEED to wear one particular garment & its always at back of cupboard, bottom of drawer or even worse, in the wash basket!

perhaps a half hour before i leave. it's the last thing i do. i hate to plan outfits overnight; i don't know why, but i simply can't imagine what i'm going to want to wear the next day.

I usually think about my outfit the night before so that I've got an idea of what to wear, but I don't actually pick out specific pieces until the morning when I'm getting dressed. It'd be nice to get through the whole process the night before, but you have to consider factors like weather, something you wouldn't be able to do at that time.

I usually think it threw when I'm going to sleep the night before - I'm not a planning type person I just like to maximise my sleep.

Several factors come into play though - what labels I'm showing, what clients are coming in, what's clean, what I will be doing later that evening.

I usually think about it the night before (kind of come up with a game plan) that way I can add or change when it comes time to get dressed.

I make up my mind in the morning.

after a shower et al. I chose a soundtrack for my day, then apply my moisturizers & a couple of dabs of rosebud lipsalve whilst staring absentmindedly at my open closet & adjacent moodboard . . something usually catches my attention [shoes / tops] & then I snap out of it & whip an outfit together.
I find spontaneous dressing far more fun.:magic:
* plus having a moodboard within sight always helps to inspire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too late! :P I almost always pull my outfits together right before I have to leave, and more often than not this results in me having no idea what to wear and trying on half of my wardrobe's content.. I think I need to throw out the old and get some new clothes. But I'm much too bored with shopping to want to spend money on clothes right now..

usually 20' before i leave, i check out the weather, and then i dress accordingly. unless it's a special ocasion and i think it throughout the previous day or when i'm trying to sleep!

I find that I dress better when I don't put too much thought into it, so I do it in the morning.

But I usually do it twice...The first time is like the second that I wake up. The second time is about 10 minutes later when I actually get up and realize that my first idea was total crap. I've come up with some pretty disturbing outfits in my half asleep state. :ninja:

Really specifically, I choose right before I put my blush on if I haven't already, because I choose my makeup color scheme based on what I'm wearing ...

^ I think the possibility of accidentally smearing makeup on your clothing is another reason why you should choose an outfit beforehand!

I usually choose my outfit in the morning just before I get in the shower. If I know I will have to rush the next morning or there is something important the next day, I will pick my clothes the evening before.

Usually the night or day before. I think I'd be in too much of a rush otherwise.

I always choose what I wear the evening before, I pick up everything from underear to necklece, earrings, shoes, shirt, pants, skirt...... and then in the morning (99% of the time) I choose to wear sth absolutely different. I know it´s a waste of time to do it but I love it!

Well usually the day/night before, so it's not a bug rush in the morning...but sometimes I'm not that organised :wink:

On work days, I plan my outfits the night before so I don't have to rush and stress in the morning.

On week-ends or holidays, just after the shower or a few minutes before going out.

litterally 2 mins before i leave house as im rushing out the door half dressed haha

Like many of you, aside from something that requires a suit, I pick my outfits the morning of. Thankfully, the bulk of my clothes are interchangable colorwise, so I can usually dress with little to no thought involved.

There are times when I have an idea the night before, but it's always subject to change until ~5 minutes before I walk out the door. These thoughts normally revolve around wanting to try to get one more wear (or the first wear in a while) from something season specific. Knits are a good example. The same goes for new purchases. Some are for specific occasions. Other end up worn within a day or two of buying them.

Typically in the morning. But it all depends how early my morning starts. Sometimes when I have time in the evening I'll pull a few things out of the closet.

If it's a special occasion, I will plan my outfit a week or two in advance.
On a normal day, I decide the night before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->