When Celebs & Models Wear Runway Looks

Why are none of them wearing jackets? Evening dresses look so trashy without jackets...

Portia de Rossi in Gucci F/W 2004

de.rossi.portia.101104.jpg
00300f.jpg

That Lanvin dress looked 100 times better on the runway, as well as in green.

PrinceOfCats said:
Why are none of them wearing jackets? Evening dresses look so trashy without jackets...
:woot: you are a fashion god omg... ok say im wearing a dress... what sort of jacket do you think would be appropriate :flower:

Gwen looks better to me in the LV dress...not liking JLo wearing the Stella dress.

you are a fashion god omg... ok say im wearing a dress... what sort of jacket do you think would be appropriate

Yves Saint Laurent 'le smoking'...preferably the 1966 original but that shouldn't be too hard with your kind of money :innocent: ^_^

Teri Hatcher in Elie Saab Couture FW04 at the Emmys

00450f.jpg

20f.jpg

Who's dressing Alicia? This cracked me up, it's so bad&cheap!
attachment.php

LibertyRose said:
Alicia Keys in Dolce & Gabbana SS05. Words fail me. :ninja:

Aaah, my eyes! :doh: I need to look at Kirsten Dunst's Chanel to counterract all that bad taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
scandinavianchic said:
I actually liked this dress tons better on Kirsten (when her posture is good) than on the runway.
She looks lovely as usual. :wub:

Thanks to both kimkhhu and kimair!! I wasn't able to find the runway counterparts of Kirsten Dunst's and Teri Hatcher's dresses. And I was not able to pin down J Lo's coat either--now I know it is Balenciaga. It's one of my fave runway looks of the season, but J Lo made it so childish, with the ringlets and ribbon boots. :angry: She could've done better with that Stella McCartney dress as well, without the hat at least.

J Lo's other Balenciaga moments... Boots from AW03:
100093453.jpg

Attachments

• JLo1.jpg
    JLo1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 43
While waiting for more looks from SS05 to unleash...

00350f.jpg

Nicole Kidman (with her sister) wearing Tom Ford's farewell YSL collection to the Tony Awards. Not her best moment, neither was Tom's. But I wonder if she'd continue to wear YSL/Gucci now that Ford is not at the helm anymore.

Looking at GettyImages, I realize that this is one of the very few AW04 runway looks that she did. This and the peach Chloe dress (no pic @ GettyImages). She wore mostly Lanvin and Chanel throughout the season, but they were prob. specially made for her and did not even appear on the runway. I did catch her in Louis Vuitton and Prada resort looks, but again, no pix.

Attachments

• NicoleKidman1.jpg
    NicoleKidman1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 677
Last edited by a moderator:
00280f.jpg

This Prada dress from AW04 was all over the place and appeared on two celebs. I don't think Gwyneth wore it well. And she wore it pretty late into the season as well. A surprise.

Attachments

• GwynethPaltrow1.jpg
    GwynethPaltrow1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 697
00120f.jpg

Scarlett Johansson looking very tasteful in Louis Vuitton AW04 without the capelet. She's also worn looks from Dolce & Gabbana and Miu Miu that I can't pin down, as well as specially commissioned Calvin Klein gowns given her perfume contract with the company. This girl's moving up the ladder fast! :lol:

Attachments

• Scarlett.jpg
    Scarlett.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 59
00310f.jpg

Kate Bosworth, giving Julien McDonald's last collection at Givenchy some attention.

Attachments

• Bosworth.jpg
    Bosworth.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 717

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"