When Celebs & Models Wear Runway Looks

00430f.jpg

2004 was an extremely successful year for Lanvin, in terms of design and PR. Basking in her post-Oscar glow, Charlize Theron wore a lot of Lanvin (both from SS04 and FW04) at the Cannes festival, which is typically one of the best 'Hollywood debut' places for FW collections. I think she looks better than Isabeli. But my favorite Lanvin celeb looks is on Kidman, donning a look from SS04. I will post later.

Attachments

• CharlizeTheron1.jpg
    CharlizeTheron1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 89
00750f.jpg

Charlize Theron in Dolce & Gabbana AW04. I think Naomi Campbell also wore this.

Attachments

• CharlizeTheron2.jpg
    CharlizeTheron2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 729
00400f.jpg

Uma Thurman may not have won an Oscar, but she did as many designer looks as Theron did, if not more. She also proved addicted to the look of jeans paired with a luxurious jacket, often in tweed, even though I think this look is on its way out now (what's the next big thing with jeans? dresses-over-jeans is over too). Here, in an Ungaro jacket and jeans to the MTV movie awards.

Attachments

• Uma1.jpg
    Uma1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:
100125287.jpg

Bridget Moynahan in Narciso Rodriguez AW04. Another example of a celebrity's elevating a runway look. :flower:

Attachments

• Bridget1.jpg
    Bridget1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 68
00480f.jpg

Scarlett Johansson wearing a modified Alberta Ferretti gown to the Oscars. Great collection. One of the dresses made it to the cover of Vanity Fair, Sept 2004.

Attachments

• Scarlett1.jpg
    Scarlett1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 53
00360f.jpg

Sofia Coppola in Chloe AW04 at Cannes. Looks good, for a change. :wink: As far as vintage chicks are concerned, I like her better than Chloe Sevigny.

Attachments

• Coppola1.jpg
    Coppola1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 698
100124580.jpg

Sofia Coppola in Marc Jacobs's AW04 @ the Oscars. I think that she was so stressed during the award season that she didn't really have time to plan what to wear. So she just called up her favorite designer and asked for his finale dress. In an interview later, Marc Jacobs confessed to be surprised and flattered. If it were up to him, he'd choose Chanel couture.

Attachments

• Coppola1.jpg
    Coppola1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 687
LibertyRose said:
Scarlett Johansson wearing a modified Alberta Ferretti gown to the Oscars. Great collection. One of the dresses made it to the cover of Vanity Fair, Sept 2004.

the original was definitely much better. scarlett looked a litlte round in this.

as far as scarlett in the last louis vuitton. jessica simpson wore it...urr...actually i think singing on the view a few weeks ago. my sister watched the view insessantly during break.

100124577.jpg

Another one for Marc: Naomi Watts at the Costume Institute Gala.

Attachments

• NaomiWatts1.jpg
    NaomiWatts1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 607
Kimkhuu said:
Jennifer Lopez in Balenciaga F/W 05

gahhh why does she make everything sooo trashy

i like comparing celebrity's heights. if you compare where something falls on a model compared to the celebrity. take natalie portman. :innocent:

TINY

100124578.jpg

Marc Jacobs again, worn by Liv Tyler. My least favorite; I just don't like gowns that are have a divisive line at the center.:huh:

Attachments

• Liv.jpg
    Liv.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 628
LibertyRose said:
Another one for Marc: Naomi Watts at the Costume Institute Gala.
I really love this dress! the color is soo pretty, but I think it looks better on Gemma ^_^ .

100125636.jpg

Liv Tyler wearing Michael Kors when she was pregnant.

Attachments

• LivTyler2.jpg
    LivTyler2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 56
LibertyRose said:
Marc Jacobs again, worn by Liv Tyler. My least favorite; I just don't like gowns that are have a divisive line at the center.:huh:

liv tyler looks really bad here. the one above this comment too.
just don't like her.

can't find the real picture but anna wintour wore this
00020f.jpg

with a black jacket to the new york spring shows

00380f.jpg

Chloe, another celeb favorite. Literally all of its 'big' dresses from the season were worn. Here's Sienna Miller. :yuk:

Attachments

• SiennaMiller1.jpg
    SiennaMiller1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,014
00300f.jpg

Another Chloe: Christina Applegate. :doh:

Attachments

• Applegate1.jpg
    Applegate1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 607
Sienna Miller took away what i think the entire show was about. it was about fresh girlish clothes, but above sienna just looks over done, yet sloppy because she's trying to pull of a casual not trying so hard look. the dress doesn't look light but rather old and...saggy. you lose sienna miller. you're not even very pretty.

edit. christina applegate learn how to tie a fricken bow. no more comment.

sorry that i'm critiquing all of your pictures liberty rose.

100125282.jpg

Christina Applegate doing the "Anchorman" promotion round in Narciso Rodriguez. Narciso needs to dress statuesque, brainy brunettes a la Rachel Weisz (which he already does) and Jennifer Connelly (who already looks good but not front-page worthy yet). I don't know why he sticks to short ditzy blondes. Sure, they have their charms, but they're hardly up Narciso's alley.

Attachments

• Applegate1.jpg
    Applegate1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 600
wyatt. said:
Sienna Miller took away what i think the entire show was about. it was about fresh girlish clothes, but above sienna just looks over done, yet sloppy because she's trying to pull of a casual not trying so hard look. the dress doesn't look light but rather old and...saggy. you lose sienna miller. you're not even very pretty.

edit. christina applegate learn how to tie a fricken bow. no more comment.

sorry that i'm critiquing all of your pictures liberty rose.
No worries, Wyatt. I thought some of the celeb pix were bad too. I thought the worst about Sienna in that Chloe outfit was her tan. I don't like Liv Tyler either, but she looked good in a McQueen dress several seasons ago, which prob. isn't archived anywhere.

PoppyAzura, my pleasure! ^_^

Lakota, this is off-topic but I thought Gemma really nailed this look:
100124542.jpg

The hat, the curls, the expression... She's a muse. :wink:
I haven't seen this look on a celeb, but it was in US Vogue, Elle, and Bazaar, worn by Karen Elson (or was it Liya Kebede?), an unknown, and Theodra Richards, respectively. None of the came close.
And I love ZhangZiyi too. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->