Who is iamamiwhoami?

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by THfan26, Feb 10, 2010.

1. jun3machina

jun3machina New Member

either christina or goldfrapp. the symbolism makes me think goldfrapp....as does the weird euro vibe i get from the special effects...

2. supermodel

supermodel New Member

mhmm now goldfrapp released 2 singles though, which in my opinion would more rule her out rather than say it's her
    because i think whoever it is would reveal themselves juuust before the album/single or whatever
    although goldfrapp is releasing a new album this year soo.....

3. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

goldfrapp released new single few days ago, it's nowhere near this sound, it's all poppy and oh-la-la-style. i really don't think it's them, it doesn't make sense they'd release singles before doing an ID.

4. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

And they already have a video for Rocket so it's not them I am sure .

5. KhaoticKharma

KhaoticKharma Amour Comme Hiver

All signs point to Christina, but I don't know... I just don't think her people would release a statement like that if it were her.

6. masquerade

masquerade God Save McQueen

IKR.

It makes me think of that guerilla campaign with the faceless people all around London some time ago. Everyone got excited and wanted to know what it was for, and then it turned out it was for a car or something similarly lame.

7. Nouvelle_Vague

Nouvelle_Vague New Member

Iamamiwhoami Makes Contact, Sends MTV News A Package
    Posted 1 hr ago by James Montgomery in Music

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

source: newsroom.mtv.com

8. Mr-Dale

Mr-Dale Unveil Yourself....

OMG :shock:

ETA: Says what? Are we supposed to find out what sounds those animals make and somehow they relate?
    Ok. The goat: bleats, baa
    Owl: hoot, screech, shriek
    Whale: sings
    Bee: buzzes, hums
    Llama: spits? :lol:
    Monkey: gibber

#208 Mr-Dale, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by moderator sunflower: Mar 5, 2010
  9. colourmefashion

colourmefashion PrettySmileyStew ♥

I dont find the videos that creepy but reading that gave me goosebumps :shock:
    maybe the 6th video is that last then...

10. Mr-Dale

Mr-Dale Unveil Yourself....

Wait I looked it up...llama's orgle, groan or go mwa....this is ridic :lol:

11. Nouvelle_Vague

Nouvelle_Vague New Member

After reading the article again, it makes me think MTV must be in on it and know who it is.

This mysterious package and article seems very staged. It doesn't seem likely they would allow a package like that with no sender into a big office like MTV. I'm pretty sure that for health and safety reasons, weird packages with no sender would get thrown in the bin or at least opened and checked for contents, before being just delivered to one of their music journalists.

Maybe it's just me, but this definitely seems like a set up and MTV (and possibly many other people in the music industry) must know very well who iamamiwhoami is, or at least more details than they are letting on.

EDIT: Also the fact that MTV is most likely in on it (or even that they were chosen to be the "receiver" of this mysterious package like they want us to believe), makes me think that it's much more unlikely that iamamiwhoami is someone alternative now and in fact will be someone pretty mainstream and popular.

#211 Nouvelle_Vague, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by moderator Wigmanolo: Mar 5, 2010
  12. colourmefashion

colourmefashion PrettySmileyStew ♥

if you ask me the mail carrier seems suspicious :rofl:

and just for fun, i got really bored and spelled out the animals.
    and then counted every 6 letters and wrote them down.
    it actually spelled a word :rofl:
    'weak' , i know it doesnt have anything to do with all this, but it was funny that it actually spelled a word :rofl:
    i was expecting a non-word. :lol:

13. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

Nouvelle - i agree, if this was happening 10 years ago, i'd totally go with it, but in these times, actually letting an unknown perosn and unknown package into the MTV headquaters is totally unbelievable, sorry.

still, this is freaking me out totally. ;)

14. yum_yum

yum_yum New Member

yep I agree with you here.

I've always said [and hoped] it was CA but it just seems too obvious now???

15. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

no major label would've made a mistake of using someone's vid without permission, that's too amatuer, and i don't get why would CA's PR even react to this - give out anything if it was indeed her. as much as it's too obvious i still think it's not CA.

16. khyrk

khyrk Oh Yeah!

The thing is, Christina has so much freedom from her label. She recorded her entire album at her own studio in her house. Hence there is no leak until now. It has been speculated that if it is indeed her in the virals, it could be a collaboration with Alix Malka and/or Floria Sigismondi. Christina can definitely finance the videos by herself without the help of her label.

17. WilhelmF

WilhelmF New Member

Done reading the whole thread.

Just WOW! Whoever the guy(s) behind this is/are, obviously gave it a good thought to all of this. To the numers/codes, animals references, Huldra, birth... and if this music-related, then this is revolutionary in terms of promotion. And the music in the last vid, really caught my attention.

I'm rooting for Goldfrapp, I LOVE her music, but since everything is pointing to CA, it's more likely to be her.

Somehow I don't want the mystery to be resolved. I dunno why.

18. alexzandramarie

alexzandramarie New Member

i figured it out!
    GOAT OWL WHALE BEE LLAMA MONKEY = GO TELL ALL WE'LL BE ON KEY
    what do you think??!

19. THfan26

THfan26 New Member

well the iamamiwhoami lady is blonde :rofl:

20. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

...yeah, but the attorneys who are one of the main factors in every marketing campaign are still the ones that label appoints, i'm not talking here about creative stuff in this just the tehnical (this is too huge for her not to be carried even just a little bit by her label as she still is under the contract and the possible album will be released under that same name, actually the whole campaigning comes regularly and mostly by the label and their teams in most cases of new albums).
    another thing, this time from creative side of it, only time CA even closely was to this was when Floria did her vids, this time around Floria wasn't available, she's been working on her first film up until a month ago intensely.

either way. i'm scared to death with this and with amount of hype i think it's almost impossible to live up to it when revealing the real ID, esp. now when the MTV's incorporated in it meaning it's someone big, nothing indie.

...or as some have guessed maybe this is just a serie of vids, maybe we just got the first part of it and maybe there are lots of vids still ahead of us...

or..we're supposed to get another vid tomorrow, which by the calculators based on this one, is really due to happen.
    GREAT GUESS ON ONTD:

#220 dajrekshn, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 5, 2010