Wire

rollagasper

Reaction score
Who is a fan?!

I just began digging into this band, and they are amazing. Pink Flag is a must listen for anyone who likes intelligent music without rules. I love their take on punk rock. It's like the Ramones or Sex Pistols but stripped down even more. Ideas are thrown across, and then the song ends. No repetition, no boredom. So smart and so fun to listen to. I love Wire!

Never mind the Sex Pistols, here are the bullocks!!! :flower:

I need more information. There are too many people operating under the tag 'wire' to tell which one you really mean. Can you add a link, please? :o

Wire
ER1001_WIRE_2.JPG

Emerging from the British punk explosion in the 70's, Wire was formed by Graham Lewis (bass, vocals), Bruce Gilbert (guitar), Colin Newman (vocals, guitar) and Robert Gotobed (drums).
Their sound is often associated with a vague subgenre of punk called art punk or post-punk, mostly due to their richly detailed and atmospheric sound, often obscure lyrical themes and, to a lesser extent, their situationist political stance. The group exhibited a steady development from an early raucous style (1977's Pink Flag) to a more complex, structured sound involving increased use of synthesizers (1978's Chairs Missing and 1979's 154). As a result, they had a tremendous influence through later decades on a variety of bands and rock music genres, notably in The Urinals, The Minutemen, R.E.M., who covered "Strange" on their Document album and most recently, Bloc Party, Futureheads and Franz Ferdinand. Ian MacKaye of hardcore punk band Minor Threat was also a big fan of the band...

here's their full profile on lastfm:
http://www.last.fm/music/Wire/+wiki

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them, though I've only got one album of theirs, which is Pink Flag.
The song I like the most for the moment is Lowdown.

I know that the riff for Three Girl Rumba was 'stolen' by Elastica in their song Connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->