Wishing for ... more structured bags

fashionista-ta

Reaction score
I have skipped the boho trend almost altogether (well, I've probably got a couple pieces that fall mildly into that category, but I don't wear them that way) because it's so not me, and the problem I'm having is that the vast majority of handbags right now are hobos, all slouchy. I also like a smaller handbag (but not too small--big enough for a checkbook wallet, lipsticks, and other necessities), and I'm not a fan of logos. Small is fine, but I find for example the Valentino logo overwhelming. I don't like sloppy, falling over, covered in pockets and buckles ... :shock:

I don't understand why we have the whole Hitchcock/60s trend, but seemingly almost no handbags to go with. I'm seriously thinking of buying a vintage bag ... I saw some that I think would work when I was out antiquing--unfortunately a few hundred miles away.

I'm hoping the tide will turn quickly (Spring???), but in the meantime, does anyone have any recommendations for a smaller, more structured bag that would work with fall's more structured trends?

I'm also interested in learning about indy bag designers working in a more structured way ...

Thanks in advance for any help :flower:

What about these?

NMV5753_mn.jpg

Ferragamo from NM

NMV4775_mn.jpg

Cole Haan from NM

BGV6097_mn.jpg

Nancy Gonzalez from Bergdorf

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

Valentino (style.com)

00100m.jpg
00130m.jpg

Oscar de la Renta (style.com)

Thanks, Jess :flower: I like Nancy Gonzalez's crocodile bags ... so far haven't been sufficiently wowed to cough up the $$$$ :wink: I love Ralph Lauren's brown croc bag, but I'm sure it costs the earth and it's too big for me. I like to carry just big enough to fit my stuff so my arm doesn't break off when I'm out shopping!

mcqueen novak

There's also the Novak bag by Alexander McQueen, named after Kim Novak of Hitchcock's Vertigo (if you don't mind dropping some serious $$). You can find pics in the novak bag thread.

Here's some bags by Dooney and Bourke (surprisingly cute)

Some more bags by Tods, Tods, Bottega Veneta, Celine, and Kate Spade

have you not seen the big black prada frame bags yet??????????????????? oh my god! to die for!

I LOVE the Prada bags i saw it in this month's issue of Vogue.. SO Chic!!!!:bounce: :heart:

Thanks, Greendrv ... I looked up the Novak thread and you're right, it's gorgeous, especially in the smaller sizes I think, where I like the proportions better. The closure looks familiar, believe Marc Jacobs used it on his croc/ostrich bags (I think someone on the Novak thread said it had been used a few seasons back at Gucci too). It looks like quite a challenge to get hold of, never mind the pricetag ... I've already spent quite a bit on clothes and am hoping for more of a minor purchase ... I'm imagining it's significantly more than the RL that I already think is too much--$3500 for the plain leather I think ... croc I think I saw in a magazine somewhere, maybe $7500 or so??

Circoit, I do like some of those Dooneys! I had a Bayou bag, which was their previous faux croc line, and still have the matching wallet. That aqua one really looks good. The issue I have with Nile is that some of it looks soooo fake in person it's just really a problem for me. While I can't afford a real croc bag right now, if I'm going to buy something embossed, I want it to look good. In the pic anyway, though, that aqua bag really does look good. Thank you, I'll have to stop by the store.

Karma for you guys ...

I had checked out katespade.com too, and found a couple pretty decent bags, but nothing that really wowed me ... I liked her Spring collection better (and bought from it).

So that Prada has a huge logo, yes? B)

im soooooooo in love with the pradas!!! and they would last season after season! gotta love miuccia!

oh and taylor72, if they look like a flask, then give me both and i''l drink um up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foussman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->