YSL "Saharienne" Fragrance : Monika Jagaciak by Enrique Badulescu

I dont really recall Pilati taking a liking to Jac. I thought he liked girls like Joan Smalls, which would have been a vast improvement in my opinion. I loved Melanie Thierry's ad, it was so sensual and so much more cinematic than this.

then again, Joan Smalls would be an improvement over nearly every girl who gets an ad campaign these days...

Polish top model Monika «Jac» Jagaciak is the face of the fragrance. Photographer Enrique Badulescu shot the ad campaign in Mexico.

her face reminded me a little bit of Veruschka in the Safari suit back from 1968.

the flacon shape takes the outline & the cap of In Love Again, so I wonder if it is a summer limited edition??

VOGUE​

& I prefer the YSL Beaute creative direction under Tom Ford , it was more bold & focused, presented a modern YSL image, can't get enough from M7 & NU.​

Last edited by a moderator:
^ wow this would be a great ad.
her eyes, face and pose - everything is so mature, seducitve, mysterious. well i don't say that Jac isn't beautiful, but she's just a child. she's no YSL woman.

yeah, i agree, they could have easily taken this old photo, colored it (if they felt the need for it) and used it instead of this lackluster new one

This is unbelievably bad. Jac has never impressed me in print and this once again proves why.

she or Gisele or even Kate Moss would have rocked it better. A woman that goes on Safari and puts in that much effort to look glamorous can't be17. Shes most definitely a cougar on the prowl for a new cub.

lamodelamour

david-bailey-9.jpg

david-bailey-3.jpg

david-bailey-2.jpg

well, that's L'Oreal ,,, YSL Beaute just became the sister of Armani, Cacharel, Ralph Lauren & Deisel.

R.I.P. Yves :(

Having said that, who is actually responsible for the cast of the beauty/fragrance campaigns? I know Charlotte Gainsbourg for Balenciaga Perfume was Nicolas' personal choice, so I guess Pilati was involved in casting Jac as well?

On a video Karl Lagerfeld said there's "The Berlin Wall" between clothes and beauty departments...

YSL "Saharienne" Fragrance : Monika Jagaciak by Enrique Badulescu

zinio

i hate this image, looks like they used the "shadows and highlights" on photoshop, in a very wrong way!!!! so artificial, sorry for mr badulescu (i can be ur retoucher next time) hehehehe, but this is very bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
agree with you phalmeida, it looks like a photo retoucher that was excited about using photoshop for the 1st time

Hahahahaha indeed^^^ When I saw this add at the mall the other day I was like : (.......) She suits quite well the whole concept but I'm not really fond of the result.Too much bad photoshopping and Jac's expression looks forced

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->