0000 Yves Saint Laurent: Still 'Smoking' After All These Years Exhibit

travis_nw8 said:
hello softgrey...

i'm aware of that however, i just wanted to illustrate that the masculine le smoking tux is also a staple of his menswear and stefano consistantly reinstates his old designs- which is wise because it seperates ysl from the other trend led fashion brands.

(btw- luv that pic of deneave with the young ysl- she looks almost...feminine....)

some of us were able to infer that. I thought it was appropriate to post.

i went to this exhibit at the ysl foundation last october the day it opened to the public. it was amazingl. i only wish i could have gone to the opening party. i actually walked by that night and saw all of the flash bulbs going off and everyone in tux's however the expression on the face of the guard at the door told me i wasn't getting in anytime soon. if only i knew mr. ysl himself was just inside i probably would have waited around for an autograph. check out this photo of me out front that day. smoking a ysl cigarette no less.

433170844_l.jpg

not to mention that at the ysl foundation they sell new pressings of all of the amazing out of print ysl books. my girlfriend got a copy of La Vilaine Lulu the comic book ysl made for only 20 euros. a rare vintage copy of this book sells for over 500. it's great this way that non book collectors who just want to enjoy his work can now enjoy the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->