Derren D. McLin
by Pierre-Ange Carlotti

Cover 4

Giedrė Dukauskaitė
by Jackie Nickerson

032c.com

MCM..... Berlin Kidz..... 032c

Can they close this magazine now and keep our fond memories intact

Oh gosh, it's dead, isn't it? So dead...

Carlotti "take" on the Botswana metal community is just insulting. It feels just as it is: a "white" take on an amazing African subculture. They deserved better.

And by the way, to whoever the stylist is: The bullet belt is upside down, darling. And the 032c t-shirt is an insult. The subculture is based all around music, trading that for shameless promotion (on the cover!) is just lame.

Appropriate whatever you want from Russia and Europe but leave African cultures and subcultures alone. I do hope they had the decency of at least giving them a voice in an article and not just exploit their image.

I'll be getting the Nickerson cover because I find her work masterful yet completely underrated. They actually should've gotten Jackie to shoot the Botswana metal story since she's got more familiarity, more sensibility, to tackle African culture.

This magazine has seen better days though. KVA, Balthus, Testino, Frank Ocean, Petra Collins?? :lol:
So predictable, but it makes sense for Berliner street set whose iotic delusion of coolness is quite comical

what's inside? any info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->