1 Expensive Or Lots Cheap?

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by Olivia, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Olivia

Olivia New Member

What do you think is better ... having one really really expensive purse, or a few less expensive purses?

2. Glamourina

Glamourina New Member

Well, I get bored easily, so I'd rather have lots of cute but not necessarily expensive designer bags than just one hellaciously expensive one that I had to use for everything.

3. sweetjane

sweetjane New Member

of all the purses i spent money on...my favourite is one my mom knitted one afternoon three years ago for the hell of it

it isn't the cheapness that appeals to me tho, it's the originality
    homemade can sometimes be better than blowing a bundle

4. Luna

Luna offline.

I love homemade bags.. ;) You can make as many as you want for little cash

most of the bags i've made have cost under 30 dollars, materials-wise

5. Orochian

Orochian New Member

How about something that's worth a lot, but bought at a bargain price?

Personally I find that the best choice. B)

6. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

i agree :flower:

I like both choices sorry cant choose just the one :p

7. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

A few less expensive ones. But, if I was in love with something... ;)

8. chocsta

chocsta New Member

I like the idea of lots of different ones, because I like variety too! And then you can also match them according to your outfits.

But then with a really quality one you can make it your signature piece...

So I don't know. I say if one can't afford that many expensive ones they should splurge on one quality purse that will last many years and then get other inexpensive ones to match their taste and closet... I know that's not really what the topic is asking but it's a good idea anyway :flower:

9. rayncloudx

rayncloudx New Member

for handbags, i think lots cheap would be better if you can't afford to spend $$ on expensive ones. unless you're older b/c i think older people should have classic bags.

anyway, i say lots cheap because comfort isn't really a factor as it is in shoes, where you pay for fashionable and comfortable shoes. also, if it were me, i would get really sick of using one handbag all the time.

10. mode_addict

mode_addict New Member

alot of gucci's ysl's,.... than one birkin. unless i can have all of it.
    just no it bags.

11. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

i agree but the birkin didnt hurt either... i mean pricewise it did :lol: but im using it alot so im happy :innocent:

12. DallasDiva68

DallasDiva68 New Member

I agree with Orochian. I enjoy the hunt for my bags and enjoy the savings.

13. Orochian

Orochian New Member

Personally I've bought many brand-name bags at (or even lower than) the prices of mass-market chain labels. And no, they're not pathetically out of date, nor worn and torn either. It's all in how and where you hunt for deals. B)

I just bought a Prada denim messenger - large and flat, with black leather corner trims and thin shoulder strap - that was launched just a few months ago. It retails for around $350, but the one I bought through eBay was just a hair under $80. :blink:

I"m not kidding. It's even almost brand new and comes with all the original packaging - dustbag, cards, etc. I absolutely :heart: it and it'll be make a perfect summer bag, large enough even for school. It also doesn't hurt that I saved quite a mint by not having bought it in retail. I'm hopelessly cheap, and I'm proud of it. :lol:

14. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

I kinda like a mix of both. Say i will have like 2 really nice bags the are designer but then the rest are still cute but much cheaper!

15. mode_addict

mode_addict New Member

i agree but the birkin didnt hurt either... i mean pricewise it did :lol: but im using it alot so im happy :innocent: [/b][/quote]
    i'm not saying not to get it, shoot i would get it if i had the money. :p

16. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I agree with the idea of one expensive, classic bag and a bunch of cheapo whimsy ones. ;) :p

17. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

I dont think i could stick with one designer and the rest non-designer. I guess i could be called 'compulsive, obsessive'. If i buy one thing, for some reason i tend to want more, so continue buying more and more until im bored, then onto the next thing, which is now designer well made shoes :innocent: :innocent:

So basically id have to have a good variety of both, non-designer would have to be different and totally unusual for me to carry it. :heart:

18. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

definitely lots "cheap"...I love variety, and I'm horrible about splurging on very very high dollar items. I feel too guilty!

19. seditionary

seditionary New Member

lots of everything.... cheap or expensive...
    umm max out those cards....
    i knew there was a reason my parents didnt want me to come to uni nr london
    :rolleyes:

20. elegantly_patty

elegantly_patty New Member

:innocent: for my sweet 16 last yr i was pushin it really hard to get the Christian Dior hardcore bag that has those lil pockets u kno the really funky one lol i forgot its design name but its white leather... of course a huge asked considering we arent loaded but i mean i got it and it's like an all purpose signature item... i mean, i can be casual with some nice jeans and a nice v neck top and have white points on and use my bag or i can be wearing a nice blak and white dress for the city with black pumps and still use it u kno wat i mean?? i was always used to having heaps of cheap ones u know like paul frank, or ripcurl or lol those ones u got from those hangbag shops that r fake leather... they r really yuck to me now i have them in a draw just stored now caz i dont use them... like with the clothes i wear and the style i have they are pretty much usless... and i've tried like u know looking for cheaper bags that go with what i wear and so far nothing rofl... poor mum.. gonna set her back a few this x-mas and bday rofl... i say once u get into designer u never go back... one expensive is wayyyyyyyyy bettr than 100 cheap ones... its the fact u know its expensive that makes u love it so much more rofl... and of course the unique design!! :heart: