10 Magazine Summer 2009 : Pamela Bernier by Richard Burbridge

The review doesn't seem too promising unfortunately.

yes, regarding editorials in this issue, i wonder when Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou will get enough of RM. :unsure:

Quite a weak issue for 10 though it's still the best mag out there, imo.

Great cover, really striking and done with irony, i think. 10 always have most eye-catching covers and i'm really glad they've got rid of the white border that they tried for a few issues as that didn't really work.

Pamela's ed (wow, didn't see that coming) is the most amazing beauty eds i've ever seen. They've used minimal or no retouching and this means that you can just look and look at these images and keep seeing something new, every hair, every tiny particle of mascara that's fallen onto her face. The capillaries that surge across the whites of her eyes (who knew models had capillaries?!) are as beautiful and bold as the make-up itself.
If only all fashion photography could be this way, drawing you into the image rather than repelling the gaze with it's plastic perfection. And yet this ed isn't gritty and grungey, it is bold and glossy and exciting. I just can't express effectively how much I adore it.

The rest of the mag isn't so exciting, not as many eds as usual or at least not with actual models. There's the usual ed composed of ordinary people looking bored in suburbia (sorry, but if i want that i can just look in the mirror). They seem to use this formula in every issue and it always looks identical so i don't really see the point.

Also, an ed using Alice Dellal and Eliza Cummings? Why?:shock:

And i can live without the descriptions of having sex with shoes. Oh, and they can ditch the short story they have at the end of every issue.

Apart from that, 10 is still my all-time favourite magazine!:lol:

P.S - i don't think the remarks about TFS were a criticism, the piece was entitled 'Ten blogs/twitters/mail-outs you should know', so I don't think we should take offence!

^^ I think the editorials in 10 are usually some of the best out there but they lost major points with me this issue for using Alice Dellal. Honestly, what does she have over the British fashion industry? She's an absolutely terrible 'model'

I don't think this is a bad cover at all. One thing it has going for it is that you can't simply glance at it and look away; the contrast and detail make you study it a little longer, so IMO it's quite effective. I also think Pamela looks really good, which is saying something because I normally find her to be pretty but a bit... uninteresting I guess.

As an aside, I think the comments about the Magazine forum are too exaggerated and they don't really represent us. Members here are so bloody excited over new mags each month and seeing work from their favorite models and photographers; there are a few who are hypercritical and rarely say anything positive, but they're certainly the minority and I could count them on one hand.

I don't have a scanner but the picture on Marina's showcard was taken from her ed in this issue. It's set in a bullring, all heat, dust and Roberto Cavalli.

MarinaPerez2.jpg

models.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Marina marina marina :heart:
Thanks for the preview!

Quite a weak issue for 10 though it's still the best mag out there, imo.

Great cover, really striking and done with irony, i think. 10 always have most eye-catching covers and i'm really glad they've got rid of the white border that they tried for a few issues as that didn't really work.

Pamela's ed (wow, didn't see that coming) is the most amazing beauty eds i've ever seen. They've used minimal or no retouching and this means that you can just look and look at these images and keep seeing something new, every hair, every tiny particle of mascara that's fallen onto her face. The capillaries that surge across the whites of her eyes (who knew models had capillaries?!) are as beautiful and bold as the make-up itself.
If only all fashion photography could be this way, drawing you into the image rather than repelling the gaze with it's plastic perfection. And yet this ed isn't gritty and grungey, it is bold and glossy and exciting. I just can't express effectively how much I adore it.

The rest of the mag isn't so exciting, not as many eds as usual or at least not with actual models. There's the usual ed composed of ordinary people looking bored in suburbia (sorry, but if i want that i can just look in the mirror). They seem to use this formula in every issue and it always looks identical so i don't really see the point.

Also, an ed using Alice Dellal and Eliza Cummings? Why?:shock:

And i can live without the descriptions of having sex with shoes. Oh, and they can ditch the short story they have at the end of every issue.

Apart from that, 10 is still my all-time favourite magazine!:lol:

P.S - i don't think the remarks about TFS were a criticism, the piece was entitled 'Ten blogs/twitters/mail-outs you should know', so I don't think we should take offence!
:lol: I'm always having a good time reading your reviews Verna :heart:

The tFS "not so nice" mention, I think that it's obviously made on purpose to create a bit of curiosity with exageration of the matters... they advertise without advertising, trying to make it sound more honest... but I don't think it sounds honest at the end :lol:

At least I love that they picked you ASF, because your way of expression is one in a million, I always love to hear your complains about editorials because they have garniture :P that's why they picked you
(and I'm not a fan of complains, they can quickly annoy me )

The cover is nice but Karmen Pedaru (in M Missoni ads) and Myf's jokers smiles already won me over

I wondered where that Marina piuc was from, thanks :flower:

can't wait to see Marina's edit. i have always been such a sucker for this girl! :woot:

i flip through it in borders and i like it! the content is quite good!

I picked this magazine up today, and honestly, I am absolutely 100% hooked. From those who've read 10 before, it sounds like this isn't even one of their best, so if this isn't one of their best, I cannot WAIT for the fall issue. I thought it was witty, clever, exciting, insightful, dramatic, bright, flamboyant...everything a fashion mag should be. Simply phenomenal. I swear, I'm gonna be reading this years from now.

^Aww,that's sweet.You inspired me to pay more attention to it.

10 magazine summer 2009
"roberto cavalli/scorching hot"

photographers: stefan indlekofer & claudia knoepfel
makeup: itsuki @ the wall group
hair: rita marmor @ streeters new york
fashion editor: david vandewal
model: marina perez

myfdb

10 magazine summer 2009
"riccardo tisci 4 givenchy"
photographer: cedric buchet
fashion editor: sophia neophitou