160g December/January 2010 : Oscar Spendrup & Maike Ludembach by Greg Gex

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Flashbang, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    yvymag.com

2. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

LILLY BOOP
    Ph: Greg Gex
    Styling: Matthieu Pabiot
    Hair stylist: Stéphanie Farouze
    Make-Up: Marie Lanne at Calliste
    Retouch:Lara Magnan
    Model: Maike Ludenbach at Next

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    160grams.com

#2 Flashbang, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Dec 1, 2009
  3. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

BE MY TOY
    Ph: Ben Cope
    Styling: N.Jayne Seward
    Hair stylist: Sean James for Rusk
    Make-Up: Anthony Gordon for MAC
    Model: Katrina Hunter at NY Models, Marie.C at Photogenics

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    160grams.com

4. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

DARK HORSE
    Ph: Phillip Mueller
    Styling: Rene Gloor

160grams.com

5. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

GNOSIS
    Ph: Antonella Arismendi
    Styling:
    Antonella Arismendi
    Hair stylist: Vero de Luca with Tigi
    Make-Up: Miss Psycho
    Model: Yamil Castiglione at Monteverde Models

160grams.com

6. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

SUPER EROS
    Ph: Eric Sposito
    Directed by: Ray Tetauira
    Make-Up and hair: Stephane Dussart
    Model:
    River Canomanuel at Major Paris, Aykel Soker at Success and Michael Giraud at MGM

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    160grams.com

7. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

After only five collections, Rad Hourani has become the new fashion buzz. Praised by critics as well as by bloggers and all sorts of clients desperately looking for original garments, the young and very international Rad (comes from a Jordanian background, was partly educated in Canada and lives between Paris and New York) seems to be the next best thing. But don’t let that fool you. Rad Hourani is much more than just another "new designer"…

Styled by:
    Matthieu Pabiot
    Make-Up and hair: Veronique Marot at Calliste
    Model: Clement Heurtier at Bananas, Adel at Premier
    Interview: Marta Represa

You say you have no technical design background, so what drove you towards Fashion in the first place ?
    RAD HOURANI: I’ve always been attracted by aesthetics: images, elegance and people with great style have always fascinated me. Fashion has been a part of my life ever since my childhood, when I used to see my mother’s new dresses, until I started working as a model scout and stylist. It was then that I started transforming clothes, but I was more interested in getting to know myself than in the fashion industry… And I could never really find the kind of clothes that perfectly expressed my personality. So I started creating unisex, straight-lined, limitless clothes. I wanted something timeless, something that was different from all the trends and the drama that we usually see in fashion.

After only five collections you are considered one of the biggest rising talents. What is it about your collections that catches the eye ?
    RAD HOURANI: I think it’s mainly about being in the right place at the right time. People are ready for my work and for a new kind of unisex fashion. I don’t intend to start a revolution, I simply want to stick to what I do and be honest with myself. I just want to make clothes for broad-minded, elegant and nonchalant people while spontaneously constructing my own aesthetic universe.

Your new line RAD is available since November in stores. How is it different from the main line ?
    RAD HOURANI: When I decided to start up RAD, I was thinking of affordable basics that reflected my creativity and that were adaptable to every style. The collection is composed mainly of comfortable, wearable basics in cotton and jersey. Creating RAD seemed like a natural step to take after my main line. I’m not sure though whether I should call it a second line… It’s just a collection meant for people that understand my universe.

You say your clothes come from no place, no time and no tradition. Hasn’t your historic background influenced your designs ?
    RAD HOURANI: It hasn’t! I don’t like flags or nations. I believe in a modern tradition. The people I dress are witty and aware, and they have no limits. My clothes must reflect that. I don’t like clothes that refer to the past, or that subscribe to a tag or a trend. I’m all about vertical and horizontal lines, about a universal language.

You don’t really follow trends that change from season to season. What inspires you to shape up a collection ?
    RAD HOURANI: Inspiration can come from anywhere: a word, the streets, architecture, a person... My brain analyzes everything I see throughout the day, but it’s in the moments of silence and calm that creation takes place. For me it starts by asking to myself what do I want to wear, and from there I begin to develop the collection by drawing lines and choosing fabrics. I find it very important to be unique and not to copy other people’s work. It doesn’t bother me to be compared to people like Helmut Lang or Ann Demeulemeester, but I wouldn’t imitate their work.

In what way are your designs non-conformist ?
    RAD HOURANI: My designs are genderless, which is really not a mainstream concept. My clothes are meant for people that don’t follow the established codes of tradition, religion, trends… I aim to dress all kinds of people with a personal point of view on life, interesting, different, stylish people.

There is a unisex feel to all your collections. Is this a new form of sexuality ?
    RAD HOURANI: Absolutely! Although I prefer to talk about sensuality. Sexuality is something trivial whilst sensuality lasts forever. I’m talking about a new way of living one’s sensuality, without any sort of society-imposed limits. Everything relates to sex. Why should we tag it and put limits to it?

Most of your fans are young people with an edgy and avant-garde take on fashion. How do you think the industry is changing
    nowadays ?
    RAD HOURANI: Internet is changing everything. The importance of fashion blogs is increasing as the traditional system of printed magazines and advertisers is menaced. Thanks to Internet we have a much easier access to everything, which paradoxically means we have to be more selective. Hence the future of fashion rests in individuality, quality, focus and timelessness. Throughout Internet, we see who we are, we see ourselves in a sort of mirror; so, in the future, real will be the deal.
    160grams.com

8. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

He is already famous but the ex-singer from The Servant, DAN BLACK is well on his way to becoming THE STAR of the electro-punk-funk scene. Tantalising and stimulating eardrums, Dan has been hailed as pop’s bright new hope by everyone from Zane Lowe to Perez Hilton. The Paris-based Englishman has updated and fleshed out his blogospherically massive Notorious BIG tribute "Hypntz" into the fully fledged space pop anthem "Symphonies". The rest of Dan Black's debut album "UN" continues this vein of quirky pop, this is a perfect, effortlessly joyous marriage of laptop hip hop with tip top hip pop with a lost 80’s sci-fi soundtrack. Action !

Ph: Phillip Mueller
    Styled by: Rene Gloor
    Interview: Lahoucine Nemo Grimich

160grams.com

9. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

IN THE FLESH
    Make-Up and hair: Blandine Desgraz at B4
    Model: Lou Nil at Success

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    160grams.com

10. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

And The Villain Still Pursues Her
    Ph: Pamela Reed + Matthew Rader
    Styling: Aki Maesato
    Illustration: Ana Benaroya
    Hair stylist: Saya Hughes
    Make-Up: Stella Kae
    Model: Jenny Sweeney at Next

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    160grams.com

11. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

Immortal
    Ph: Zig Tesch + Carolina Tesch
    Styling: Anna Pech
    Hair & Make-Up: Carolina Dali
    Model:
    Sacha Blue at IMG

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    160grams.com

12. hautechild

hautechild New Member

I love 160g, I think they do a great job with the eds as a pretty small digital magazine.

13. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

Play-Girl
    Ph: Urivaldo Lopes
    Styling: Urivaldo Lopes
    Hair stylist:Andersen
    Make-Up: Laure Dounsou
    Model: Julia.O at Nathalie

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    160grams.com

14. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

Libertines
    Ph: Sol Sanchez
    Styling: Paz Reussi
    Make-Up: Fumihiro Ban
    Model: Milou van Groesen at Next, Sylwia Jankowska at Next

160grams.com

15. greyeyes

greyeyes New Member

thank you so much for posting the content of the magazine Flashbang, it's so amazing, all the eds are strong and really good.^_^
    i just discovered 160g a couple of months ago, and i was really impressed, i wish it was in print and not in digital only.:flower:

16. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

You're welcome.:):flower:
    I feel the same way with you, this is one magazine to watch.

17. spiceboy

spiceboy Active Member

Flashbang are ppl behind 160g ok with you reposting their entire issue? Since it's in jpg and very accessible at the page.

18. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

Well as far as I browse through the site, I don't see any notifications about reposting. If they aware about this and want them to be remove then so be it :). I just want to share these to people here.

19. greyeyes

greyeyes New Member

i agree, i don't think there's nothing wrong in posting the eds here, the magazine is free and anyone can view it here or on their site.

20. fashionismydrug

fashionismydrug New Member

This is really cool. I especially like the one with the illustrations.

Thanks for posting!