1970s-1990s Claude Montana

A/W 1988

montana1copy.jpg

fashionheroines.blogspot.com

^It would be wonderful to see him make a comeback. His fashion was already ahead of its time 20-25 years ago. He needs to come back, to push fashion forward yet again.

S/S 1991
My all-time favorite Montana collection.
The master of futuristic fashion.

yasminlebondotnet @yt

A new book about Claude Montana (co-authored by Claude himself) will be released next April.
The book will be titled Claude Montana: Fashion Radical

41lnhjrozlss500.jpg

amazon.com

i know it's late- but a lot of people probably don't know that Montana was once at Lanvin, which i think is worth mentioning...

style.com
Claude Montana, Fashion Radical, Resurfaces

September 26, 2012 3:01 pm

montana-sized.jpg
It’s been nearly two decades since the fashion world has caught a glimpse of Claude Montana. But the reclusive designer showed up and lingered last night at Didier Ludot’s cocktail party in the Palais Royal, where the vintage guru is now displaying his private stash of Montana pieces. The idea to showcase Montana came naturally, Ludot noted. “He lives in the neighborhood so I see him every day, and it occurred to me that it would be an interesting switch from what I usually show—the Dior, Balenciaga, and Schiaparelli.” Montana’s recasting of sporty pieces in hyper-luxury materials was revolutionary at the time, he added, recalling a purple mink tracksuit from one show. Among Ludot’s treasures: a one-off absinthe and mustard-colored mink coat Montana designed for his late wife Wallis, a be-gloved and be-feathered black bodysuit, and a short, Lesage-embroidered couture dress from his controversial stint at Lanvin in the early nineties, a piece that Ludot scored only last Friday.

Montana, who recently published a retrospective of his career, recalled the agony of designing that couture dress: “The studio director didn’t understand what I wanted, so there was lots of back and forth,” he said. “There are so many memories in these windows, it’s touching.” Ludot concluded, “I think of Montana’s place in fashion as a bit like what Hervé Van der Straeten is to design now—extremely refined but also modern.” As to potential Montana heirs among fashion’s current crop, Ludot said, “I’m keeping an eye on Alexandre Vauthier and Maxime Simoens because they have the sensibility and they can do couture. And I saw something by Gareth Pugh the other day and I thought, ‘That could have been Montana.’ “
—Tina Isaac

96078.jpg

Claude Montana for Lanvin, Autumn/Winter 1991

anothermag.com

claude montana v. rick owens 2010

jesuisamy.com

Montana for Lanvin, circa 1992?
seacow.tumblr

FW 1987
one of the iconic pieces...
the red wrap coat...

*and, yes– that is naomi campbell...
:D
uomoclassico.com

Yasmin Le Bon in Lanvin by Claude Montana Elle US, 1990.
bootlovers.typepad

Lanvin by Claude Montana circa 1990
vomdesgarcons.tumblr

Claude Montana by Mikli mod 101 1988 sunglassespreservation

claude montana for lanvin
pinterest.a song for birds

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam