2003 CFDA Awards on June 2

xopher215

Reaction score
from fashionwindows.com

2003 CFDA Fashion Awards
Council of Fashion Designers of America Announces
Nominees and Honorees For 2003 CFDA Fashion Awards

NEW YORK, Apr 1, 2003/ FW/ -- Mark your calendars. The 2003 CFDA Fashion Awards annual gala is slated on June 2 at The New York Public Library.

Nominees were considered based on their work for the Spring and Fall 2003 collections and must have his or her business based primarily in America.

This year's nominees are:

Womenswear Designer of the Year:
Carolina Herrera
Marc Jacobs (for his signature collection)
Donna Karan
Narciso Rodriguez

Menswear Designer of the Year:
Sean Combs for Sean John
Michael Kors
Ralph Lauren

Accessory Designer of the Year:
Carlos Falchi
Marc Jacobs
Ted Muehling

Swarovski's Perry Ellis Award for Ready-to-Wear:
Proenza Schouler (Lazaro Hernandez & Jack McCollough)
Zac Posen
Behnaz Sarafpour

Swarovski's Perry Ellis Award for Accessory Design:
Brian Atwood
Holly Dunlap for Hollywould
George Gublo & Michael Spaulding for Gunmetal

CFDA also honors industry figures for their contribution to fashion.
This year's honorees are:

Andre Leon Talley, Editor at Large, Vogue will received the Eugenia Sheppard Award, which is given to a writer, photographer, or editor who has used his or her craft to further the profession of fashion reporting and coverage, or to a creative director, fashion editor, stylist, or artist whose exceptional creativity has shaped fashion visually.

Rose Marie Bravo, Chief Executive, Burberry will receive the Eleanor Lambert Award which is given for a unique contribution to the world of fashion (and/or deserves the industry's recognition and does not fall under any existing award categories).

Alexander McQueen will receive the International Award, which is given to a designer working outside of America who has made an outstanding creative contribution to the world of fashion.

And the Lifetime Achievement Award goes to Anna Wintour, Editor in Chief, Vogue for her consistent, creative influence and dedication to fashion.

my votes!:
Womenswear Designer of the Year:
Marc Jacobs (for his signature collection)

Menswear Designer of the Year:
Michael Kors

Accessory Designer of the Year:
Carlos Falchi

Swarovski's Perry Ellis Award for Ready-to-Wear:
Proenza Schouler (Lazaro Hernandez & Jack McCollough)

Swarovski's Perry Ellis Award for Accessory Design:
Holly Dunlap for Hollywould
l :wink:

how very different and original from last year's nominees :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wacko:

Womenswear Designer:
Marc Jacobs
Ralph Lauren
Narciso Rodriguez

Menswear Designer:
Sean Combs
Marc Jacobs
Ralph Lauren

Accessory Designer:
Carlos Falchi
Tom Ford
Peter Som

Perry Ellis Award :
Rick Owens
Zac Posen
Behnaz Sarafpour
Peter Som

Originally posted by xopher215@Apr 2nd, 2003 - 3:56 pm
:o :woot: :lol:
:P

anyway, i'm glad they put carolina herrera in the list. her last spring and fall shows had some very pretty clothes :wink:

HEADLINE: DESIGNERS NOMINATE THEIR BEST

BYLINE: BY AP

DATELINE: NEW YORK

BODY:
Carolina Herrera, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan and Narciso Rodriguez have been nominated for womenswear designer of the year by the Council of Fashion Designers of America.

Sean (P.Diddy) Combs for Sean John, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren have been nominated for menswear designer of the year, and Jacobs, Carlos Falchi and Ted Muehling are the nominees for leading accessory designer, the CFDA has announced. Winners will be announced June 2 at the organization's annual gala in New York.

"The CFDA Fashion Awards, the night when our industry gathers as a community, is a fitting tribute to the designers, nominees and honourees that represent the diversity and artistry of our industry today and for its future," said CFDA executive director Peter Arnold.

The nominees and special honourees -- who include Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour (lifetime achievement) and Alexander McQueen (international award) -- were selected by more than 450 fashion designers, press, retailers and stylists.

The CFDA says this year's Perry Ellis Award for young American fashion talent will be given in two categories -- ready-to-wear and accessories.

Ready-to-wear nominees are Zac Posen, Behnaz Sarafpour and Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough for Proenza Schouler. Brian Atwood, Holly Dunlap for Hollywould and George Gublo and Michael Spaulding for Gunmetal are nominated for accessories.

Other honorees include Andre Leon Talley, Vogue editor at large, Eugenia Sheppard Award; and Rose Marie Bravo, chief executive, Burberry, Eleanor Lambert Award.

GRAPHIC: photo of SEAN (P.DIDDY) COMBS

LOAD-DATE: April 8, 2003

Sorry for the typo. I can't edit the topic headline anymore!

hererra for womenswear
kors or seanjohn for menswear
jacobs for accesories

i know P.diddy is a rapper/producer and really shouldnt be doing the whole fashion thing like all the other sickening celeb labels out there
but.....his label is actually vey very amazing which leads me to think that he has absolutely nothing to do with it apart from the final wave on the runway...
B)

I'm pulling for new kids on the block Proenza Schouler and Hollywould...

yes, I know Zac Posen is a new kid, too, but he had much more hype about him...

*Womenswear Designer of the Year:

Marc Jacobs (for his signature collection)/Rodriguez for his beautiful cuts

*Menswear Designer of the Year:

Michael Kors

*Accessory Designer of the Year:

Marc Jacobs

*Swarovski's Perry Ellis Award for Ready-to-Wear:

Proenza Schouler (Lazaro Hernandez & Jack McCollough)--> like their collection a lot!

*Swarovski's Perry Ellis Award for Accessory Design:

Brian Atwood

btw puffy as designer :shock: ...I guess it's just some marketing trick to sell the clothes :shifty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->