2009 BAFTA Awards

The dresses are quite boring,in my opinion. My favourites at the moment are Kate Winslet and Marion Cottilard although Marion's hair doesn't look that great in the picture.

Ziegfeld Girl said:
^ What did she say?

She just went on and on and on. It was like she was giving a "dramatic" reading during an auditions for a boardway play. Way over the top but she looked fantastic and has great skin.

Aye, it was good to see Terry Gilliam honoured. Several of his films would make it onto my list of all-time faves.

Freida is by far the best dressed imo :heart:.

And I like Penelope's look :ninja:, even if it is a little snooze-worthy.

I´ve seen that Chanel Couture (I´d say it´s Fall 2002) gown Kylie is wearing on Renee Zellweger and Anna Wintour before.

Freida looks cute but her gown and jewels look cheap.

Angelina looks good. At least she tried something different.

just me said:
I´ve seen that Chanel Couture (I´d say it´s Fall 2002) gown Kylie is wearing on Renee Zellweger and Anna Wintour before.

THANK YOU. It was Renee who wore it. Reese did wear a similar one and that was Dolce.

Freida doesn't really live up to the hype, IMO. She's a beautiful girl with a winning smile, but the dress is bland and so done before. She has the body and presence to pull off something a little more risky.

I really did not like Emma's dress in that first pic. It looks better in the second, but she really needs to improve upon her presence, because it always makes the dress wear her. Not really feeling the hair and the accessories.

Emily Mortimer looks cute actually, but I don't know about the bottom of the dress.

Penelope still looks good at least. The shape and fabric is ideal on her, but yea it's like deja-vu.

The shape works on Kate Winslet, but she's never one to thrill. Always plays it safe, kinda like a Jennifer Aniston, but whatever, it works for her.

Amy Adams dresses way too old for herself. She looks so much more youthful on screen but IRL, she's quite dowdy. She needs to step away from the ODLR.

Angelina's recalls this Spring 2009 HC Armani Prive:
00290m.jpg

To the person who asked what would not be boring?

I just wonder what someone capable could do with these: (after a quick browse of style.com)

00260m.jpg
00400m.jpg

JPG S/S 09 HC and Alberta Ferretti S/S 09 RTW
Credit: style.com

Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman could pull off the Gaultier with ease.

Those two popped immediately in my mind. I'm sure there are others.

ugh brad pitt looks so silly with that moustache... i really like penelope's, sharon's, kate's and amy's dresses. angelina looks good, too.
maybe someone will wear something amazing like that gaultier dress to the oscars (cate blanchett would look great indeed, and so would eva green, but i guess she's not going to be there...?)... i don't have high expectations though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->