2011 Video Music Awards

Once again my theory is true - whenever the VMAs aren't in New York they suck. SUCK big time. And not having a host was just plain stupid.

That Britney tribute wasn't even really a tribute. The little girls dancing was awesome but hello that was it. What a joke. Clearly it was only for ratings. The performances weren't that great either. Adele was the best and she looked beautiful. Why was there no rock music. Why not ask the Foos to perform.

The fashion wasn't anything special. I swear there were more celebs there last year. Britney, Zoe and Katie Holmes looked cute. Katy Perry looked quirky cute in the Versace.

Hopefully next year will be better and back in NYC where is supose to be.

agree on ALL ACCOUNTS! what a lackluster year for the VMA's

especially regarding the so called "tributes" to Britney and Amy W.
not having a host made the show feel empty...when it ended it just - ended, there was no real conclusion to the show

I also feel like the "red carpet", or whatever that was, was a terrible idea. We didn't get to see pretty much anyone like a real red carpet would have been

the best performances by far was Adele and Beyonce

I hate the way they mashed up Britney´s acceptance speech with Beyonce´s introduction...
Lady Gaga got on my nerves really bad, and I usually like her.
Most boring show EVER! imo

I hate the way they mashed up Britney´s acceptance speech with Beyonce´s introduction...
Lady Gaga got on my nerves really bad, and I usually like her.
Most boring show EVER! imo

IKR! I tried staying awake for the Hunger Games clip, but I failed. Whatevs, it's probably on youtube.

Katie Holmes is really trying to rev up her image! She's dressing a lot differently and attending these types of things now!

^I noticed that too. It's like she's trying to be "young and hip" now.

I stumbled into this Justin Bieber pic and reminded me of his speech, can I say how much I hate when people thank God? and in his case not only God but also Jesus... I have nothing against people´s believes but what´s the point of making public that you thank an entity?! sorry, I had to get that out of my chest LOL

He never looked more girly btw...

tv.com

Usually we're eye-to-eye koko, but I have to STRONGLY disagree with you here. As much as I cannot stand the Biebs, he's got a right to his beliefs and freedom of speech. I've never understood why people get agitated when someone mentions "God" or "Jesus" in a way that's not a swear. :blink: And that's not a shot at you or anything, it's just something I've noticed in general. Sometimes people don't do it for show (although obviously alot have alterior motives--and I can't hide a smirk for any rapper who comes on stage and does that), but for the most part I've found people thank God because they genuinely feel that way.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, and hopefully this does not get deleted because I did want to say that, in retrospect, Adele :smile:heart:smile:, Selena, Beyonce, and Zoe were the highlights for me. Everybody else: :yuk: Oh, and any pics of Jennifer Lawrence? Didn't she present the Hunger Games clip? I didn't see the whole show, so I was just wondering if she actually showed up or if it was like a pre-recorded type of deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
^It´s ok :smile:
I think people do it for show, very demagogic of them...

Jennifer did a pre recorded intro, she was at THG set.

You know, the invasion of Jersey Shore actually makes me almost feel bad for mocking The Hills chicks for all those years. Almost.

Is this MTV's subtle way of saying their TV is just going to get worse? At least we still have HBO and Showtime.

I stumbled into this Justin Bieber pic and reminded me of his speech, can I say how much I hate when people thank God? and in his case not only God but also Jesus... I have nothing against people´s believes but what´s the point of making public that you thank an entity?! sorry, I had to get that out of my chest LOL

He never looked more girly btw...

tv.com

HAHA, I was watching the show at my friends house and her parents walked in during Justin's preaching about thanking God & Jesus and they were like WTF- i don't think they had anything to do with it- and then he thanked the other nominees :blink::angry: Why no thanky the fans? :innocent: He also looked like an idiot- those pants,those shoes,those necklaces? NO.

I think Adele was truly amazing, I love her- she makes me proud to be English, Jessie J was also amazing but they should have showed her more.

Selena Gomez looked amazing, her dress was unique but i'm glad she is choosing more mature outfits, Victoria Justice looked the best on the night though- that girl is flawless! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->