3.1 Phillip Lim F/W 09.10 New York

I like this for a Phillip Lim collection, I can't say I would like it as much if my expectations were higher to begin with. I like the idea of an art deco meets boho vibe as duttyrock described, but at this moment the looks don't come off (to me) very cohesive. There are definitely great pieces but what really gets me excited is that it doesn't look anything like what I'd expect to see from Phillip Lim (Uh, rosettes anyone? :P) that means he shows growth as a designer which is exciting for the future of NY!

Oh yes...and the shoes! :heart:

love the clothes. hate the wigs. although there were a few girls who could pull it off.

about the wigs:

TaomuseforLim.jpg

from Elle .com

Ah! I'm in love with the majority of these pieces! This has got to be my fave. collection from NYFW.

one of my best fab. at New York Autume Winter 2009

bigger size pics from style.com

There's footage here at Phillip Lim's official website of the full collection. ^_^
Sorry if this has been posted already!

I actually really like this. I love the 60's influence - done in a really tasteful way. I also love the bits of incorporated flapper style.. the fluffy feather skirt, the drape of the dresses.

i love this collection. one of his best. :wink:

I quite liked this collection^_^Even though I do not care for the wigs, I feel that it did not take my attention away from the clothes.

My goodness, Lissy Trullie has been all over the place, from Lim to Luella!

I like a lot of the pieces but, overall, I don't think this is as strong a collection as some of his previous ones, TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->