3.1 Phillip Lim S/S 2013 : Katryn Kruger & Franzi Mueller by Alessio Bolzoni

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Phillip Lim may have launched his ready-to-wear line nine years ago, but he’s never put out a campaign. Until now, that is. For the first time since 2004, Lim has teamed up with photographer Alessio Bolzoni and stylist Nancy Rohde to shoot a series of ads, which star models Katryn Kruger and Franzi Mueller. “We as a brand have always made decisions based on instinct from the very beginning,” Lim told Style.com. “So Spring 2013 feels like the right time for us to launch our first-ever advertising campaign.” Showing Lim’s grunge-inspired Spring looks in action on a vibrant New York street, the ads have a raw urban edge that recalls a post-show street-style frenzy (not unlike the one we saw outside the designer’s Spring ‘13 show last September). Lim’s first campaign (which debuts exclusively here on Style.com) will appear in the spring issues of Another Magazine, Love, Interview, and The Gentlewoman, among others
style.com

Attachments

• phillip-lim-1.jpg
    phillip-lim-1.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 86
  • phillip-lim-2.jpg
    phillip-lim-2.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 89
I love the last shot of Katryn. It looks like something that could've been taken by just about anyone, and that somehow makes his brand feel more accessible to me.

I quite like this. Can't wait to see it in print, I think it'll look great.

This campaign really does it for me. The view of the shots kind of bring the viewer in as a part of the group. I enjoy hanging with the cool kids.
Posted via Mobile Device

Can't say I like it but I'm happy for Franziska!

Phillip Lim has become a label that I've come to adore every season. I love that he's able to create such genius pieces and yet be reasonably priced. Great to see him and his label brand out into advertisements. The last shot is my fave and I love that there is a sense of youth in this yet remaining urban and quite cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->