83rd Academy Awards #2

Franco's hosting was so bad that he didn't even shown up to his own Oscar after party and flew back to NY cause he didn't want to stand the critics...

LMAO. He was tired and had to go to class. :lol: I agree the show was monotonous but they didn't really have anything to work with... it's like the show got lazy and didn't write anything up for them to do.

And I just remembered - during red carpet live, they were talking about Hailee's fashion and one of the male reporters described her clutch as a "handbag" and I died. This isn't something that's obvious or even a huge deal, but it was bad reporting and those of us who notice nuances - second hand embarrassment to the max. Please don't let this dude report on the red carpet ever again.

Gah, Mila is so beautiful I can't handle it. Jennifer Lawrence looked stunning, Halle finally found a dress that doesn't make her look like a high end call girl, and for once Natalie didn't look super odd. Overall it was a pretty solid year for fashion... which is nice, because it was such an unremarkable ceremony overall.

This is going to seem like such a lame win years down the road.

I really liked TKS a lot, but there is no universe in which it is better than the TSN.

THIS THIS THIS. I just keep telling myself that Goodfellas, Citizen Kane, and Dr. Strangelove lost Best Picture in their years, too...

I'm kinda shocked how well received the Mila Kunis dress was received. In my opinion it was her worst red carpet appearance this year.

It pains me to say it but I must agree.
Then again I think the look was well received because she was Mila Kunis^_^.

I don't think that's the case at all... she's had some icky appearances before and nobody gave her a thumbs up simply because she's Mila. But to each their own. :flower:

Can anyone ID Lily Collins' dress at the Vanity Fair party?
Lily+Collins+2011+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+vzrNdO0COwjl.jpg

zimbio

Best dressed:
Charlize+Theron+2011+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+Nf0L0eqDzBbl.jpg

Charlize Theron in Atelier Versace (this is my idea of red carpet heaven)

Cate+Blanchett+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Q_Vw_xw3enjl.jpg

Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Haute Couture (this too)

Anne+Hathaway+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Show+u57JH6jKaEFl.jpg

Anne Hathaway in Givenchy Haute Couture (oh, and this...shame she didn't wear this on the red carpet)

Anne+Hathaway+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Show+QXEdQ9G7OjSl.jpg

Anne Hathaway in Lanvin (she knows how to pull off a suit)

Anne+Hathaway+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Show+YNq5v9S9i5wl.jpg

Anne Hathaway in Tom Ford (amazing...shame there aren't many good pictures of her in it)

Rhea+Durham+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+kfk2JgI7h8Xl.jpg

Rhea Durham in Naeem Khan (this caught my eye and I had to put her on this list)

Gwyneth+Paltrow+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+jPCyXpL4MHZl.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein Collection (love that this isn't your typical Calvin Klein gown)

Nicole+Kidman+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+Li7yDWKi1R9l.jpg

Nicole Kidman in Christian Dior Haute Couture (hate the shoe choice, though)

Reese+Witherspoon+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+8VtDogYihQdl.jpg

Reese Witherspoon in Armani Privé (shame about the pageant pose, though)

Amy+Adams+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+qLk8-qa1j1Tl.jpg

Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott (I love the mix of blue and green together...with the luscious red hair, too!)

Liv+Tyler+2011+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+Hosted+qg-VjfXybkEl.jpg

Liv Tyler in Givenchy Haute Couture (simple and classic)

Michelle+Williams+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+ZdiulItiMYBl.jpg

Michelle Williams in Chanel Haute Couture (a little predictable, but I love the detailing)

Annette+Bening+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+RF5lFt5_DDJl.jpg

Annette Bening in Naeem Khan (I'm glad she saved the best 'til last!)

Zoe+Saldana+2011+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+Hosted+zWQ7wUz4XYul.jpg

Zoe Saldana in Prabal Gurung (it's a shame I can't find many good pictures of her in this...loved it when I saw it on TV)

Helen+Mirren+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+Uh8roNETHJol.jpg

Helen Mirren in Vivienne Westwood (sometimes this woman can just really rule the red carpet)

Most disappointing goes to Natalie Portman. She should've worn one of the hay dresses from Rodarte's latest collection. A dull variation of the Venice Film Festival gown, really. I just don't care for that colour at all.

Worst dressed go to Jennifer Hudson, Scarlett Johansson and Melissa Leo. I also hate to say it, but Florence Welch on the red carpet. I liked her other choices, though. She should've saved the Givenchy gown from the Grammys for the Oscars! I mean, this is the Oscars! The biggest one of them all!

I know a lot of people were moaning about the fashion, I quite enjoyed it. A lot of great looks. The show, however...Anne Hathaway's outstanding gown choices made up for her lack of hosting skills. Bless her, at least she tried (*cough* FRANCO).

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Dressed:

Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Couture
Cate+Blanchett+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+i4kCHzizfOFl.jpg
Cate+Blanchett+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+LE-URHEHC7Ml.jpg

Halle Berry in Marchesa
83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+MGQEyv8n5h7l.jpg

Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa...so adorable!
83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+-9idrQX7Yz7l.jpg

Mila Kunis in Elie Saab Couture
Mila+Kunis+83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+W3Mi30aZ6Jil.jpg

Melissa Leo in Marc Bouwer
83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+Y1z-_JqAYAol.jpg

Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang
83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+AHADBiI39yFl.jpg

Helena Bonham-Carter in Colleen Atwood
83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+gp0luQwVWIQl.jpg

Celine Dion in Armani Prive...and she just had twins!
83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+dPcDZ0U5_Mvl.jpg

zimbio, stylebistro

is there somewhere online that I can stream or watch the whole show?

As regards Melissa Leo's dress, it reminds me of a similar dress of a more famous designer, but I can't put my finger on it..

Does anyone know which season Givenchy Liv is wearing?

^ I thought Liv looked like a dream btw. Great dress - and I usually think black is boring -- great hair, great jewellry, just so beautiful, with this humble looking pose, lol!

really? where did you read/heard that?

It was on E!

James Franco "Embarrassed," Bails on Own Oscar Party

Mon., Feb. 28, 2011 11:45 AM PST by Ted Casablanca and Taryn Ryder
300.franco.hath.lc.022711.jpg
Michael Caulfield/WireImage
So...about last night's Oscars.
Kind of boring, yes? With no Robert Pattinson surprise appearance, we were relying on our other go-to favorite celeb, James Franco, to get us through the awkward show.
Unfortunately, he and Anne Hathaway got very mixed reviews for their hosting duties and it seems like James may have taken it pretty hard:
READ: Backstage Oscar gossip
Franco was set to host an after-after party at his new bar Writer's Room in Hollywood, and he was a no-show to the much hyped bash.
In what was supposed to rival Madonna's after party, James left event planners stunned when he just didn't show up.
"Apparently he was really embarrassed and not in the mood to face criticism about the [Oscars]," a source close to James tells us.
He may have been slightly uncomfortable at times to watch, sure, but it's not like the program being a total dud was his fault alone.
James tweeted from LAX around 11 p.m. last night:
"It was fun! Have to be back for class."
Still, we're told from sources awaiting his arrival at his bar last night they had "no clue" James decided to go back to New York last night.
Don't get too down on yourself, James! You looked cute, so there's some silver lining?
We've put in word to Franco's rep to get the scoop on his absence last night, but have yet to hear back.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the...o_embarrassed_bails_on_own.html#ixzz1FQRELkug

Yorgos Lanthimos(Oscar-nominated Greek film “Dogtooth”), Ariane Labed(in Halston AW 2010-11), Aggeliki Papoulia(in Gucci).

Franco's hosting was so bad that he didn't even shown up to his own Oscar after party and flew back to NY cause he didn't want to stand the critics...
He flew back to NY because he had classes the day after.
I don't think he's the guy who cares about the critics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->