The 90s Comeback

Speaking of the 90's....are we going to see the return of the puffa jacket???
Topshop A/W06/7
Picture from vogue.co.uk

UNIQ_0059.jpg

oh gosh i remember that very well.. but you know that jacket kept me warm :wink:

miss6o said:
britpop is also very 90s and that style i used to think was supercute..i dont know how the comeback of that style would work though..
but i do like the cute sweaters they wore.. (eg. blur)
I've never associated Britpop to a particular style.
Of course there's Oasis and Blur with the sweaters, but what about Suede and Supergrass?

I really loved the babydoll dresses with doc martin boots. :blush: Other than that, I really didn't care too much for the 90's fashion such as the plaid shirts as some of you have been saying. That to me, is too Al Borland from the Home Improvement show when that was running back in the late 90's. :lol:

Oh Lord, please don't let the 90's make a come back. Especially the grunge and heroin chic trends.

The only thing about the 90s that I miss is the Spice Girls, Nirvana, and Bill Clinton.

How funny...I just got done watching the Friend's pilot (1994) and started missing 90's fashion so I hopped online and whaddyaknow...the last topic posted on TFS was 90's fashion. :heart: :P

I do hope some things come back. I'm liking the little bits of plaid (let's not go overboard with it though). Some other goodies:

Floral dresses
arts_reality.jpg

**Pic credit to: http://imprint.uwaterloo.ca/

Overalls
WYNONA_RYDER_IN_OVERALLS.jpg

**Pic credit to: www.papillonsartpalace.com

Calvin Klein minimalism (old Kate Moss for CK ads anyone?)
ck2b.jpg

**Pic credit to www.hola.com

Waif Thin Eyebrows
drew_Drew_Barrymore_558381.jpg

**Pic credit to www.interia.pl

I remember in the 90's just PORING over backstage pix from fashion shows. I desperately wanted to be Kate and Christy. :innocent:

Oh, and my favorite season of Dolce & Gabbana EVAH...Spring 1997:
http://www.firstview.com/WRTWspring97/DOLCE_E_GABBANA/S002.html

Does anyone remember wearing two slips, layered as a dress a la Drew Barrymore?

i used to love the 90s ck ads....

pegged wrong, thanks for the article!

Uchina said:
The only thing about the 90s that I miss is the Spice Girls, Nirvana, and Bill Clinton.

Ha Ha....me too.

I kind of loved the CK ads in the nineties.............when Kate was just gorgeous and everywhere. And Marcus Shenckenberg.(sp?)

Ooh, Marcus Shenkenberg.

Overalls and fanny packs? God, no good can ever come from that.
I really love the little black dresses coming back. I think a lot of the Saved by the Bell era stuff was totally cute.

Of course the 90's will be (is) back. What goes around comes around, and early 90s would be next in line... I definitely feel there is some kind of 89-90-mood in fashion now, all this "hey, happy, fashion" attitude, with lots of poses, kinda the eighties fading into 90s... And the powdered "natural" look (a la Beverly hills 90210). Aren't the big eyebrows alittle early 90's too? Marc jacobs AW 06/07 was definitely 90's to me. If you don't want it to come back you probably didn't want the 80's revival either, and look at you now:lol:

does anyone remember the plaid jackets with fur collar? it was called the "twin peaks jacket". this pic is closest to the kind of jacket i am talking about but its too narrow:
1058248935_LG.jpg

http://www.smartbargains.com/

huge wide baggy jeans, i remember in 1993 people in toronto use to wear these wide leg baggy jeans (not hip hop baggy) so popular with teens, and guys would wear em with fitted t shirts so hot!!!

vests buttoned up with no shirt underneath.....

cropped turtlenecks
knitted cotton sweaters with embroidered flowers (worn with printed leggings)
suedevests
suede cowboy jackets
everything with lycra in it
everything with flowerprints
white 501s worn high with brown leatherbelt and a body
Henri Lloyd jackets
white viscose blouses with big lace collars
70's ironic t-shirts (see, it all comes full circle)

But some of the trends have already been here I think, like the lumberjack-shirt and Sperry topsiders, which I loved back then and still do!

Ray Petri, come back:P

I absolutely love Marc's take on the grunge look. I don't think most people (including me) will be able to pull it off though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->